Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you know the best beach in Kalkan??? Your views are needed!  (Read 6419 times)

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
HI,
I am due to touch down in Kalkan in less than 3 weeks and I am getting very very very excited!!!!!  ;D

Having not had an abroad holiday (ie. relaxing and hot) for roughly 3 years now and not knowing too much about Kalkan i am very interested in what Kalkan regulars would consider to be the best beach.....

so a quick poll from all you sun worshippers out there if you please.....

Best beach...
Km's from Kalkan...
best method of travel...
cost of travel...
Cost of entry (if applicable)...
amenities...
cost of amenities...
peacefulness...
liveliness...
Snorkelling opportunities...
Best bar/cafe/restaurant on beach (if applicable)...
expensive or reasonable for above...

As you can see I am very very serious about the beach...please help me if you can as a good beach (or not) can make or break a holiday for me. And for those of you that want to recommend the Pool; Pools just don't do it for me as my skin reacts badly with chemicals...only that lovely salt water will be able to ease the heat of the day!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6108.0

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
Patara beach it is a beautiful white sandy beach with a nice little cafe bar that serves a great lunch for around 10 tkl each. There are also toilets showers and a changing room. You can hire beds and umbrella's I can't remember the price of these but not expensive. The dolmus takes 20minutes and you can catch it from the town stop or the bus station 10tkl return. You will also require 5tkl each to enter Patara conservation area, this is collected on the dolmus. At the dolmus station you will be asked what time you would like to return (I think the choice is 4 or 5 pm) On the way to the beach you will see all the lycian ruins. This is a great day out and not to be missed.

M

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Do you know the best beach in Kalkan??? Your views are needed!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
thank you so much...word of mouth is the best recommendation..don't you think???
any more contenders guys??? Patara seems to be a 'day out' beach...something a little more relaxed?? local???
what are the beach clubs and how do they operate???

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
Hi Iminei!

Just type in "Beach Clubs" into the Search facility (small icon near the top of the page) and browse the many, many responses).

Pls get back to us with any outstanding questions.

cheers

Antler

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 11:43:50 AM »
and don't forget the town beach....if you want local, you can hire a sunbed and umbrella cheaply and all the restaurants and bars are right behind you.....just don't forget some sort of beach shoes if you are over the age of 20 or you will struggle to get out of the beautiful cooling sea.....and the prune look is never good! >:D

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
outstanding questions...mnnnn yes I do have one...

What is the reaction to topless sunbathing (by the girls of course)????

i know this is a muslim country, but Kalkan is also a tourist resort!

I'm guessing topless round the hotel pools is a bad idea...I personally wouldn't like to do that with the locals (hotel staff) wandering around but are there any beaches that are more secluded to sunbathe on??

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »
Have to say in very many years of visiting the beach in Kalkan and the various beach clubs I've never seen anyone sunbathing topless.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
I have seen topless ladies on Patara Beach but thy are not usually Brits but are quite often our European neighbours. I know some bright spark will come along and ask how can you tell and are their top half's different to ours but they do tend to talk loudly. There has been a lot of posts on this subject in the past. I personally think it is wrong in a Muslim country  when in Rome springs to mind.

M

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
Its generally not acceptable to sunbathe topless in Turkey, although we have seen a few "ladies" at both Mahal and Palm beach clubs who would disagree :-[  On those occasions, the sunbathers in question were...ahem..of a certain age when perhaps this lifestyle choice was at best inappropriate...not a good look IMO.
The town "beach" is rocks and pebbles - hence the need for rubber shoes and the beach clubs are, in the main, concrete or decking platforms alongside or over the sea. There's sunbeds, parasols, bean bags etc and always a place for refreshments/WC etc. Most of them have some kind of watersports available and free platforms/trampolines in the sea - we like them ;D
If you want a proper beach, Patara, as The Engineer says, is gorgeous and in the other direction towards Kas is Kaputas. Type both of those into the search facility and you will find all the information you need.
Enjoy your stay

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 03:52:53 PM »
so beach clubs are good...
do they charge entry fees? for the whole day/per hour??I heard they pick you up/deliver you home is that right? are they easily accessible from the town?
are the drinks/snacks prices, umbrella and lounger hire charges competitive with town prices?
do they have music? (could be a big no no here...if its loud raucous pap music blaring out...but in Egypt they play chilled morcheeba etc in the beach bars which is excellent!)
Sorry for all the Q's but you guys are the horses mouth here!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
iminei, try typing "beach clubs" into the search facility - there's loads of views and information about the costs/preferences etc. Only Kalamar Beach club collects you in a taxi, the rest are reached either on foot (Indigo, Caretta, Yali) or by free water taxi from the harbour (Palm, Mahal, Patara Prince, Kalkan Park) if you are staying in town.
The town beach is 7tl for 2 sunbeds and a parasol for the whole day.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »
Hi Iminei
A few minutes ago, I put 'beach' into the search facility and got a huge list of threads and posts about beaches, and beach clubs.
The good thing about this community is that you will get the opinions of all types of people. And once you get a 'feel' for regular posters tastes, you can identify which ideas are probably the best for you to try.
Of course, carefully made lists and plans go up in smoke when you arrive - my detailed restaurant and to do list list last year was barely touched - we'd set off to find them and then get seduced by other distractions on the way!
There is so much choice in Kalkan. You will not be disappointed!
if you can walk you can dance

Offline iminei

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
thanks everyone! you have been a great help...
next time you hear from me may be...
'what i did on my holiday by Iminei age ** and 3/4's'

cheers me dears!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Needed! Family friendly villa with pool views & 3+ bedrooms

Started by cudders on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2008, 12:29:37 AM
by kal1
xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20
xx
Views From Over the Bay

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

44 Replies
Last post May 23, 2015, 11:38:00 AM
by Chris_S
xx
Kalkan on honeymoon? Advice/help needed.

Started by Agent Ottoman on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 09:12:50 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal