Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: days out  (Read 4067 times)

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
days out
« on: April 13, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »
Hi Kalkanees!!!!!

Thank you for all the advice on Castellarizo! most helpful.  Now another quest for you all we are due over in June for a couple of weeks and would like some suggestions on days out, somewere new and also off the beaten track!  We will be hiring a car for the duration so that wont be a problem, we have been to all the major sights, kekova, aspendos etc and the beaches in the area.  Perhaps mountain trips to little villages like belzigan etc. And way off restaurants.

Also on the Kas road just out of Kalkan past the big furniture store and on the sharp bend towards Kas which is the restaurant we should be visiting last time were in Kalkan a few people told us about it and the name slips me! must have been the wine!

I imagine it to have stunning views

I will leave it with you best wishes and thankyou, cant wait!

Molly

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1362.0

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: days out
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:22:16 PM »
There are two, ADEMS & GURU, next to one another, Guru being very Turkish.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »
how about taking a trip to Gombe, the green lake and Elmali - haven''t done it yet myself but understand it is a great day out!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »
Molly
 A wonderful day out is to take the mountain route to Fethiye, calling in at Pinara if you haven''t done that site and then driving through Fethiye and going to Kayakoy, the ghost village, which was the setting for ''Birds Without Wings''
 The Fethiye mountain route has some of the most spectacular scenery in the area and you will pass through a number of picturesque villages, completely untouched by tourism. The road is good, tarmac all the way and is never too steep or winding for you to feel uncomfortable.

To take this route you follow the main Kalkan/ Fethiye highway until you pass Esen - a journey of about half an hour, depending on how fast you drive, (Esen is also worth a detour, it''s a very unspoilt village and if you take any of the side roads off the main high street, you will discover wonderful old houses and beautiful meadows).

Once you are past Esen, start looking out for the Pinara turning, it is on the left and about three miles past the main Esen junction. Turn left here and follow the road, after about 20 minutes you will see a sign for Pinara, (which I regard as probably the best historical site in the area, either take a short detour here to explore the site ( allow at least an hour and a half, it''s quite extensive)or ignore the Pinara turning and keep following the road. You can''t go wrong, there is only one road to follow and first it goes up a long way, then it comes down. The road ends at Esenkoy, another village about 25 kilometres outside Fethiye. At the Esenkoy junction, turn left, and keep going until you reach the outskirts of Fethiye. Kayakoy is well signposted once you are in Fethiye

If you have already visited Kayakoy then using this same route you could go to Butterfly Valley, this is  simply stunning and as its name implies, the home of hundreds of species of butterflies.

Lantana

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Hi Lantana,
those are wonderful suggestions. I have read "Birds without wings" and would love to visit Kayakoy. Is there an organised excursion one could book with a guide? I also love the sound of Butterfly Valley. I posted a thread about taking my in-laws and suitable trips and these sound perfect. Thank you.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »
Loretta
We had a guided day out last September, booked through Adda Tours. Had a fantastic lunch and came back via Olu Deniz. I''ts well worth it.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »
Hi Brooksie was that a guided trip to Kayakoy?

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:12 AM »
Yes it was, we had lunch up there as well which was very good. On the way back we stopped at Olu Deniz for a drink. That bit we could have done without, it was very busy and not our scene at all.

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »
Thanks Brooksie I will look into that.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
A few more days

Started by ScotsinKalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 03:56:19 PM
by lorilou
xx
Only 7 days to go !!!!!

Started by tessag41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
6 days and we'll be there! :D

Started by LozJay on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 01:22:51 PM
by utah1
xx
33 days to go

Started by Automan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

25 Replies
Last post April 10, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal