Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Day Trip to Dalyan  (Read 12004 times)

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Day Trip to Dalyan
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:16:32 AM »
Hi All
Can anyone tell me what is  the best way to do Dalyan for a day trip (assuming it is close enough to do in a day) - We would like to visit Iztuzu beach, See the rock tombs and do the mud bath -
Thanks
BF

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1055.0

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Day Trip to Dalyan
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »
Personally I would say that it''s too far to go for a day trip and to do what you want to do & see, you wouldn''t get the chance to appreciate the place.  The river trip is too good to rush and as for the mud bath, well it takes ages to get it all off again.  But well worth the visit.  Enjoy
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »
we did this by going the day before we left for our flight home....it''s not far from Dalaman airport,we booked into a hotel when we got there for the night and were right by the airport for our trip home...we did the beach and the river trip and lunch in a riverside restaurant all at a nice pace..... what about doing that? ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback
Good Idea BL but unfortunately we do not have a car (our trip includes transfers) Doooh!
Do you know if it is possible to hire a car in Kalkan and drop it off at the Airport ?
Maybe next time I will have a week at Dalyan then a week at Kalkan - Still, it''s a good excuse for another holiday 8)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »
Hey bluefudge you can hire in Kalkan and drop off at Dalaman.  Adda Tours (the car hire/transfer company EK recommends) do this.  Though I wouldn''t try booking it online, just call into the office when you''re there to arrange.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »
You can book this online with EK either through the website or by emailing bookings@enjoykalkan.com to get your discount!
The hire car and transfer sections are undergoing a bit of a makeover as we speak :)

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »
This could be turning into a plan -  ;D
My Flight is at an unearthly hour of the morning so I would still only have one full day but would not be driving back. How long does it take to drive from Kalkan to Dalyan
And any recommended hotels for a one night stay in or around Dalyan  (well not even one night , the flight is at 5.00 boo! )
Thanks all

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 05:24:20 PM »
about 20/25 mins if i remember rightly ...30 probably if you don''t know the way.I believe we stayed at the Binlik.Dalyan has plenty of hotels /pensions..depends if you would swap the ease of organised transfer you have booked and a day in Kalkan....or a mini adventure?..........mmmmm thats a difficult one!!  ::)

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »
Thanks BL -I''m always up for the adventure (albeit mini) but now I just need to convince Mrs BF  - And that could be trickier than a tricky thing on national tricky day.   :D

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »
I would definitely recommend the Assyrian Hotel in Dalyan, we have stayed there.  They have a good website www.asurotel.com and you can book on line.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:26:10 AM »
BF - I think blue lizard meant that the journey from Dalaman to Dalyan was approx 30mins, so the journey from Kalkan to Dalyan would be approx 2hrs - Kalkan to Dalaman 1 1/2 hrs then onwards.

Anyway which ever way you do it, its worth the trip, the area is stunning in different ways. Happy planning.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 06:31:14 AM »
Should take 1.5- 2 hours to drive to Dalyan, you could speak with whoever does you transfer and it may be that they could do your transfer to Dalyan for a little extra, then you could book another from Dalyan to Dalaman which should cost about ĆƒĘ’Ć¢ā‚¬Å”ƃā€šĆ‚Ā£27 on your return. You can pick up a little putt putt boat from Dalyan centre to do the rock tombs, mud bath, beach - as a day trip.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 10:07:28 AM »
quite right...i meant from Dalaman to to Dalyan was 30 mins..didn''t read the thread right  ::)i wish it was only 30 mins transfer time from the airport to Kalkan!!!!..when you are on a boat along the river you may see turtles ,we did.They may also tell you it was where the film "The African Queen" was filmed(Humphrey Bogart)...but i am scepticle about this ...just as i am that Cleopatra went to just about everwhere that has a waterway!!! Blimey she must have had a speed boat! :o

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »
Actually i watched the African Queen ...or at least the end...a few weeks back and no mention of Dalyan or Turkey in the credits. But a good story never the less!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
it is one of the classic films!! but then again Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn didn''t stop for a fish dinner at a riverside restaurant in between being shot  at.. ;D ;D...

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
Those leeches must''ve got to you Blue Lizard, you''re muddling your Hepburns! It was Katharine Hepburn who starred along with Humphrey Bogart n the "African Queen".

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »
OOPs!    still a classic film....i must have seen it at least 6 times...one thing..Dalyan does have mosquitos like africa ! we were eaten alive !! but still a great day... ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dalyan Day Trip

Started by Pompeyalbie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Dalyan.....

Started by pw on Other Resorts

9 Replies
Last post February 10, 2013, 12:02:41 PM
by pw
xx
Dalyan

Started by Bob & Jayne on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2013, 04:38:57 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
DALYAN Tour

Started by Bob & Jayne on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

8 Replies
Last post July 12, 2012, 09:21:03 AM
by Bob & Jayne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan beach

Views: 3914
By: friends
Kalkan street