Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach clubs  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach clubs
« on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »
Ok , we are going in 35 days  :). We are 4 quiet loving ,book reading 50 year olds . Staying in a villa in the middle of town. We went for the first time last year and stayed too high up the mountain , so stayed by the pool during the day .
I know there is a beach club down in the harbour but where would you recommend we go , we don't mind a few kids but not loads . No noisy teenagers . 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10952.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Beach clubs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »
As it won't be school holidays at that time there probably won't be many teenagers around. Our personal favourite is Palm Beach, on that side of the bay there is also the Mahal which we think is actually a bit quiet and we are mid fifties! there is also Kalkan Beach club but never been there. Kalamar Beach club has lovely views and should be still quiet at that time of year, this is the favourite for teenagers later in the summer. Have never been to the clubs on the other side of the bay.
Try the search facility on here, lots of info and try a couple and choose your own favourite.
Enjoy!  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Hi LynneT

Definitely would recommend the Kalamar Beach Club, if you ring them they collect you and bring you back for free in a Taxi, and you just pay for sunbeds when you are there. Really beautiful there, as Babs fab views, lovely restaurant, and free pedalo hire. The one at the harbour is called Indigo Beach Club, nice too, but speed boats leave from here, and quite smelly from the diesel fumes, just my opinion though, as other than that, was very nice. Coretta the other side of the bay near Lykia is nice, but unfortunately we decided we would walk there, (big mistake in 40 degrees). Nice though.  Am sure you won't be disappointed wherever you go.  Have fun!  :D :D :D

Jayne

Offline chrisbluestar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
Last year Caretta Caretta  were doing free boat taxi from harbour .[saved a dusty walk]...very good position with parasols and sunbeds .easy steps leading into sea and best of all nice light breeze,

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
Another vote for Palm Beach, my favourite of all the beach clubs and one of the best positions in terms of the sun. Lovely friendly staff and Dimitris is a real hoot....you will love him!! One of the best beach club menus, in my opinion and great cocktails. I love to watch the sun start to set, mojito in hand, on my sunbed here. A lovely moment to treasure. We used to love Yali Beach club.....especially when they used to do complimentary afternoon tea and cakes.....but there's been a few changes in managers over the past few seasons and now I think it's run by the Likya Gardens (I think?..). You need to go there early as it loses the sun later in the afternoon - as does Caretta btw  :( we have single friends who prefer Indigo to anywhere else, but wherever you go, I'm sure you will love it.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:28 PM »
We're in our 50's and enjoyed the Mahal beach club when we used it last year. Nice and peaceful and a lovely restaurant for lunch.
Nicky

Offline jcac

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Went to Yalli beach club early May and must say its lost its charm. Too many beds @ 10ltr , restaurant food very expansive for what you get and  drinks way over priced.
Been going to Yalli for last 5 years so disappointed the new owners. back in Kalkan in June so will have to try to find somewhere else.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 01:35:40 PM »
Try the beach,you can always find a bit of peace at the far end,and you can get takeouts for lunch and get drinks from the supermarket,or use the places near the beach for a bit to eat and drink,and get some shade.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 01:56:50 PM »
....or do as we do and take a cool bag :)

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
Is there an easy place on the beach where you can get in and out of the sea easy? Everytime I tried getting out the waves were  knocking me back in again!!! Alright when you are young and fit but I am worn out by the time I eventually manage to get out1!!

We normally go on Indigo Beach club as they have good steps into the sea (like a staircase). Are there any beach clubs that also have similar access?

Barb

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:01 PM »
the steps at Palm Beach are quite easy.....more like stairs than a ladder
shoes are a must for me at the beach......that way I look a little less ungainly!  ::)

Offline AnnDL

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:37:03 PM »
Good question Barb! I'm wondering the same thing. Can't get in fast enough but when it comes to getting out, thats a challenge! My OH usually helps me and the 90 year old who may be struggling as well. ;-)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
I agree that some kind of water shoes are a very good idea for walking on the beach and swimming.The best place to enter and exit the sea is the far end of the beach by the rocks.It is more gradual and less waves...........Oh to be young again !! You see a lot of youngsters walk/run in and out of the sea bare foot without seemingly feeling any pain what so ever !!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
Yes definitely beach shoes are a must on Kalkan Beach, although have purchased some Croc Flip Flops this year, hoping that they will stay on my feet in the water!

Jayne

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:10 PM »
I wore crocs once into the sa and ended up with my feet floating on the water!!!! They are great though for walking on the stones.

Yes I do notice those turkish youngsters runing about with nothing on their feet, cannot understand why  their feet are not burnt in that heat. I have to wear flip flops to  and from the pool as the tiles get so hot.

There we are moanig about the heat in turkey while we are freezing in the UK. Only another 3 weeks and we will be in the sun,

Barb

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »
I'm another Palm Beach fan. We go two or three times every time we're in Kalkan and were there again last week. It's really peaceful and relaxing and the food is delicious and really reasonably priced. Plus, they still pay for your taxi home which I think some of the other beach clubs have stopped now. Palm Beach is so large that it's always easy to find a quiet spot if you want one.

As well as the sturdy ladders/steps into the sea, there's a small pebbly beach area which allows you to walk directly into the water which might be good for less confident swimmers :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM »
The first part of the beach is ok,a little sandy and flat,sea is shallow and less stones ... but does get more crowded.
I prefer the far end ,near the rocks it more peaceful,and a good laff watching people trying to get in and out of the sea.    ;D >:D
PS,yep,Palm beach is my fave also,the lads are great and nothing is too much trouble for them ... and they have a very small real beach,but it is rocky.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach clubs

Started by Babs on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 04:22:04 PM
by kele
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
by Babs
smiley
Beach Clubs

Started by ebodevon on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post February 27, 2008, 10:32:21 AM
by Lorretta
xx
Beach Clubs

Started by jane on hols on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post August 08, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal