Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: This maybe crazy but....  (Read 5431 times)

Offline singingjojo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
This maybe crazy but....
« on: May 15, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
Is there anywhere else in the med region like Kalkan.... But that isn't Kalkan?  ???
We just LOVE it there, been three times (including our honeymoon!) but now want to branch out. However, we are worried that we won't find anywhere as nice!
Can anyone recommend anywhere please?

Thank you,

Jo  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11005.0

Offline Derbyshire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: This maybe crazy but....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
Hi sorry no.only one kalkan !.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:58:02 PM »
Hi singingjojo,
Have a look at Parga on the Greek mainland. We first came to Kalkan because we were looking for somewhere like Parga and the two are quite similar in terms of layout - bars, restaurants and accommodation built into the hillside looking over the harbour. We haven't been there for about 12 years, so don't know if its changed much in that time. The Pelponnese (also in Greece) have lots of lovely unspoilt villages along the penninsula which are worth looking at.
Sometimes you have to go somewhere else....but it makes you appreciate Kalkan even more when you return.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:20:11 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline shebs1964

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
It's a big world, go explore, no 2 places are the same.

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »
Take a look at Hvar town on the Croation island of Hvar, it is beautiful, only draw back is you fly into mainland and have a ferry ride to the island.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
Can't think of anywhere we've been. Loads of places in Turkey, Greece, Spain, Italy and England.  Actually different but amazing is Cadiz, Spain. Also Sorrento and Positano are good. Marrakech is again different but worth a visit, with the Atlas and desert nearby. Dubrovnik area is stunning too.  8) 8) :)

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
Dubrovnik area is stunning too.  8) 8) :)

the old walled city of Dubrovnik is truly stunning if you could get accommodation within or very near the walls I guarantee you would love it!   

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
We are off to Dubrovnik next month so will report back......we are staying in an apartment high up with an amazing view of the old town and harbour

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »
Santorini, Greece is supposed to be similar to Kalkan but can't say since I've not been there.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »
Yes there's only one Kalkan. We hadn't been abroad since having the kids so once they grew up we decided it was time to go again. Our first trip was to Kalkan it had been recommended by a colleague of my oh. We loved it but decided not to get in a rut and go to other places. We went to Kyrenia which we enjoyed it had a great harbour lined with Kalkan style eateries. The main town was a bit busy for my liking traffic-wise although in fairness it is the capital. The turkish people were friendly but maybe not as much as in Kalkan it was slightly more impersonal. Saying all that we took a jeep out into the sticks and found some lovely beaches and lots of historical sites, amazing castles one built into the side of  a mountain goodness knows how they managed it and the scenery was breathtaking, there were also ancient abbeys that were very extremely atmospheric. After that we still decided to spread our wings and went to Kefalonia. We stayed in a small resort just a handful of hotels and excellent restaurants serving good traditional Greek food. We again hired a jeep and discovered the island which I have to say has one of the most truly breathtaking scenery ever. Seemed every where you drove it was like travelling the coast road from Kalkan to Kas . Mind you the roads are not for the faint hearted with sheer drops down to the sea. After both these visits we decided that Kalkan was our fave and this year will be our tenth visit this year since 2008. We are absolutely addicted to the place and would hate to think that we'd never be able to  go back it's like returning to an old friend. I'm glad we tried elsewhere but I suspect for us unless there are drastic changes Kalkan will always be for us.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21:14 AM »
I have been to approx 50 countries in 5 continents ( countless resort towns ) and Nowhere compares to Kalkan IMHO. There are two kinds of people, you have those that Love Kalkan and you have those that have never been  ;D

Albeit I do Love the USA  ;) 8) ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Why are men so crazy about soccer?

Started by ganesh on The Everything Else Area!

24 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 08:00:26 PM
by misty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

moonlight bar

Views: 4360
By: Trotter
kalkan cats