Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Datca area  (Read 6508 times)

Offline dabber29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Datca area
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
Anyone been to Datca peninsular? Would be interested in opinions regarding accommodation, beaches, transport, days out etc.   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8235.0

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Datca area
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »
I have a limited knowledge as only been a few times:- Lovely beaches, great market on a Saturday, old Datca (Eski Datca) quite sweet, Olive farm worth a visit. Limited options of quality accommodation, although there is the Mehmet Ali Aga Mansion and also some very expensive private villas. Knidos is a great site at the end of a long, and at the end rather lumpy road. Very popular with turkish tourists hence very busy at weekends.
Definitely worth a visit.

Offline dabber29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
Been to Kalkan for last 2 years and fancied a change so have just returned from 3 weeks in Datca. Loved it. Less 'touristy' and more authentic than Kalkan. Can't wait to go back.                   

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Never heard of the Datca area, where exactly is it and which airport do you fly to? Thanks.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »
Its about 40 miles from Marmaris and is a peninsula area sticking out to sea south of there.  Dalaman airport I think.  I seem to remember Tapestry or Simply travel did some holidays there a few years ago.  S

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
Thanks Skunk, just searched the place it looks quite picturesque and seems to have a good write-up. We're always saying we should spread our wings and try somewhere else for a change but the trouble is Kalkan has everything we enjoy and we've made so many friends there so we're worried that anywhere else wouldn't come up to scratch. We've tried Kefalonia and Kyrenia, northern Cyprus in the last few years and although they were beautiful places and the people especially in Kyrenia were really hospitable and we did have a good time it just wasn't a patch on Kalkan. Think we're hooked, friends and family think we're mad going back to the same place twice a year when there's a whole wide world to explore but it's just no good we've got the Kalkan bug like everyone else on this forum I suspect. You never know we might bite the bullet and try elsewhere one day LOL! Thanks again.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
We keep trying other places but nowhere ever measures up to it. I think it's the genuine friendliness, the way they remember who you are, look after you and treat you like royalty - it just can't be beaten.  We've been to other places both in Turkey and other countries but just can't find anywhere we would rather be!  We soend all year looking forward to it and as soon as it's over we start booking again. Bonkers but that's just the way it is. SX  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 05:27:01 PM »
Glad we're not the only ones who are bonkers, we're the same, the minute we arrive there we're contemplating whether we can afford to go a second time in September and even before we get there we're dreading coming home, it's nuts  ::) Can't think of anything better to be addicted to I suppose, can't imagine never being able to go there again, it's almost like a second home. Think we need counselling, have to start up a Kalkan Anonymous group LOL!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Know what you mean Clara, we feel like we've come home when we land at Dalaman airport!!
Nicky

Offline dabber29

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
Glad we tried Datca peninsula last year as a break from Kalkan. We're off there again this year. Lovely place if you like  peace and quiet and authentic Turkey, can highly recommend it.   

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:37 PM »
Our solution to "the problem" is, while we are lucky enough to have more than one holiday a year is to go to Kalkan once and somewhere else for the other holiday. It really is hard to beat when you consider the quality of accommodation, food etc for the price.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 02:39:21 PM »
Babs the past few years we have thought to do what you suggested and have actually researched many places and last minute still booked Kalkan. Ì think the problem is that there is everything we love in Kalkan and suppose we are far too wary  that we'd be comparing and too critical. We actually aren't able to have two fortnights this year so plumped for seventeen nights the end of august. We're even that set in our ways we even like to book the same villa. Although have had to book elsewhere sometimes if we've been too late.  To non Kalkan addicts we might seem a bit nuts, but as I say if you haven't tried it don't knock it and if you feel like trying it beware you'll never be as satisfied with anywhere else again.  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Datca?

Started by sally on Other Resorts

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2009, 06:01:35 AM
by kensarrived
recycled
new to kalkan....which area should i pick

Started by pink-flamingo on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post July 23, 2008, 10:22:57 PM
by pink-flamingo
thumbup
Video of Kalkan and the area

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post August 11, 2010, 03:51:58 PM
by clara 50
xx
storm free area

Started by White Table on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post April 20, 2012, 09:19:52 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal