Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dalyan.....  (Read 6441 times)

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Dalyan.....
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »
Well, booked for a 10 day trip in May '13 and thinking of spending the first 3 days in Dalyan.. I would be eternally grateful for any advice on the resort in general but specifically advice on accommodation  for 2 couples would be much appreciated from anyone in the know.

Cheers

PW

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10170.0
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
Re: Dalyan.....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
I have stayed in Dalyan a few times, but to be honest only in deference to my dear mama who finds Kalkan's hilliness just too hard to handle. Your option of three days in Dalyan seems like a plan though, and if nothing else it will confirm why you love Kalkan  ;D  Are you looking for a hotel or are you looking to rent privately? I stayed in a great villa very close to the centre of town and I'm sure that they will rent out for three days so early in the season.

On a slightly drum-beating note, when in Dalyan take on board the turtle conservation message - avoid trips which taunt loggerheads with blue crabs on bits of string to get them to 'pose' for photos, ask any river boats to confirm that they have propeller guards fitted and don't encourage the practice of restaurants luring turtles to the side of the river by feeding them chicken - this is bringing loggerheads (sea creatures) upriver to the areas inhabited by the freshwater Nile turtles, fostering disease and injury and upsetting the eco-balance.  Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now  :laugh:
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
Hi PW,
We stayed at the Dalyan Tezcan Hotel in May this year and thought it was great - so much so that we are going back this October.  Excellent location on the river with good food and service, and very well apponted rooms.
Very reasonable and booked through Booking.com

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »
My son who has always said he never fancied Turkey  but did a sly trip last year to Dalyan. He did not tell me it was turkey only he went "somewhere hot". His girlfriend lett the cat outo f the bag and said they had a lovely time. So much  he booked another holiday this year and even wanted us to go back witht hem this September. He stayed at Binek Hotel which can be booked direct.

My husband has still  ;D to be convinced about Dalyan though...Kallkan for him.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »
We recently did an overnight stay after dropping off friends at the airport, it was okay, a bit too commercial for us.
Quite impressive at night looking out from the riverside restaurants at the rock tombs which are lit up. The next day we got the small public boat, along the river  to the
beach which was stunning, and takes about 30 mns. I would imagine it gets quite crowded in high season. Glad we wnet
Isis

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
We now have a forum for Dalyan - Go on, spread the word :)

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »
I stayed in Dalyan a couple of years ago and would highly recommend a trip to Kaunos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaunos. Its about a 15 minute walk which is very pleasant. You need to cross the river in a rowing boat which doesn't cost much. Quite an experience though.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »
Oh yes a night trip up to the lake and mud baths is a fabulous trip complete with BBQ and also a day trip up the river loads of king fishers great way to spend a day. Restaurant scene was nowhere as good as Kalkan though. Also good music bar with 2 german scandinavian singers? Sorry cannot remember it's name but it was on the right hand side of the road leading out of Dalyan not far from town following the river upstream.

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
I have had several holidays in Dalyan, before discovering Kalkan :)    It has some interesting trips (just remember you have to get a boat  to reach  a stunning beach.  I agree with the comments that the restaurants available are not as many and varied as Kalkan.  ALSO, bear in mind if you stay at accommodation along the river, the mossies are little b......s  :'( :'( :'(  My colleague ended up having to have medical treatment, as the bites were so bad!!!  Do not get me wrong, I have had some enjoyable times there, but no comparison to Kalkan ;D ;D ;D

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Ended up sacking the Dalyan idea off and booking the additional 3 days in Kalkan! When holidays are so finite I'm not that bothered about gambling on a place when we know for certain what we're in for in Kalkan.
When we've got more spare time that'll be the time to experiment..

Having said that, we're off to drive around California in Jan '14................

PW

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Dalyan

Started by Bob & Jayne on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2013, 04:38:57 PM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Enjoy Dalyan

Started by fidimax on Other Resorts

19 Replies
Last post February 23, 2013, 01:14:32 PM
by fidimax
xx
Dalyan Day Trip

Started by Pompeyalbie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Day Trip to Dalyan

Started by bluefudge11 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

16 Replies
Last post January 29, 2008, 06:34:15 PM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

New bus station

Views: 4782
By: Babadag
Yum