Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Calis Beach  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Calis Beach
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
We are spending 3 weeks in Kalkan and have decided on a short side trip to Calis Beach. We know we can take a bus to Fethyie and a dolmus to Calis. Anyone have an opinion on Calis. I am expecting it to be different to Kalkan. The hotel we have chosen is called Nevada Su and has some good reviews. 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9236.0

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
Re: Calis Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
Hi Sandancer, we love Calis beach, it is very different to Kalkan in my humble opinion, not as pretty as Kalkan and i think the gift shops are nicer in Kalkan but Calis does have a certain charm to it as well.
The seafront is lovely and you get some lovely sunsets. It's easy for walking about  unlike Kalkan as it's flat!! We love getting the water taxi into Fethiye, especially in the evening as Fethiye has a lovely atmosphere in the Old town. If you do venture in can recommend eating in Mozaic Bache, fabulous Turkish food and run by a lovely couple.
Can't comment on your hotel as we stay either at the Mutlu or the Harman which we have booked for in Sep.
Love both resorts for different reasons!! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:52:42 PM »
Thanks Nicky. We don't mind that it will be different to Kalkan. Last year we took a little side trip for a couple of nights to Hisaronou. Now that really was different to Kalkan.  I do much prefer Kalkan though. Counting the days now for going back.

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »
Our first venture to Turkey was to Calis Beach, my wife liked it so much we came back again the next year. There are lots of places to eat along the front and we never had a bad meal wherever we went. The beach as you would expect is stones but you can hire a Sunbed and be fed and watered from the bars. My wife isn't a great lover of boats but really took to the water taxis, we took them as opposed to driving to Fethiye even at night when we went over for dinner a few times. We stayed out at an apartment at the far end of the beach by the headland so don't know what your hotel will be like. Hope you enjoy your stay, this year wil be our first in Kalkan in a months time, can't wait.

Offline Sandancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
Thanks Albie - I'm sure you will love Kalkan. Turkey was never on my wish list of places to visit and Kalkan was not remotely how I expected it to be.  I had heard lots of stories of tourists being hassled by shop and restaurant staff in the bigger resorts.  In Kalkan there are people outside of the restaurants asking you to try their place but we never experienced any really unpleasant situations. Usually a smile and "perhaps next time" is enough.  You should try the beach clubs - if your wife liked the water taxi she will like these.  Water taxi from the harbour, usually free, we liked the Kalkan Beach Park, they make a small charge for the taxi but give you a voucher for that amount to use for drinks or food in the bar.  They do not allow to take your own and consume it on their premises.  Fair enough, and the prices are very reasonable. We will be there at the same time.  See you on the beach.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Calis Carnival

Started by Chucky on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post March 15, 2008, 03:17:41 PM
by Chucky
xx
Calis waterpark

Started by kalkancrazy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 06:51:22 PM
by Chucky
xx
Calis and Kalkan, so very different resorts....

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post September 19, 2012, 07:13:26 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Kalkan Beach Parc beach club

Started by Sandancer on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0347.JPG

Views: 3187
By: fidimax
Mmmm, Chillies