Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: UK Visa  (Read 5640 times)

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
UK Visa
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
Don''t know if this is the appropriate place for this enquiry, but does anyone have a contact in Kalkan who could help support a Turkish resident/national complete the labyrinth of paperwork in order to make a successful application for a UK Tourist visa? There''s only so much I can do from the UK and some advice/help/guidance from someone in Kalkan would be much appreciated :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2756.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Re: UK Visa
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:53:07 PM »
Hi Kalkanposh - I''ve actually been doing the same thing as you - but actually its really easy (well not the getting of the visa that is easy..!!  >:D >:D) but the completion of the forms is easy...!  This is because the application now has to be done online and the forms are in both Turkish and english - so using the internet (me here looking at the english version) and my turkish friend in Kalkan (looking at the Turkish version) and it was relatively easy....however we are still waiting to find out if the visa application is successful....  >:( >:(

Take a look at the turkish version of the UK website - http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/tr and the WorldBridge Service Website who actually process the visa applications - again the turkish version of the UK website - https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/Content.aspx?tag=Welcome_Page&language=9

I hope that helps a bit! :)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline KalkanPosh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
Thanks very much, Felicity - that''s a great starting point and helps us a lot! It''s not easy, is it?!8)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:19:20 PM »
No it''s not easy - the initial online application form is fine.  But the supporting documents and evidence that have to be supplied by both parties are very diffcult to provide.  Not to mention having to visit one of the centres somewhere like Ankara or Istanbul to complete the process!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
Actually the list of supporting documents is not that difficult to provide and again the website has the link in both turkish and english making it easy for both to understand....I dont have time to go back on the website at the minute - but the turkish translation page on the website for ''Requisite Documents for a visa (tourist) visa (non family visit) is Ziyaret (turist) vizesi (aile ziyareti disinda) icin gerekli belgeler and the page is up there - a sort of checklist of what needs to be provided.

Oh and you can go to Izmir as well to submit your documentation now..!!  :)

Cheers!

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
Just make sure that you don''t do what British visitors to Turkey have to do each time - £10 in the passport might be seen as trying to sway the decision of the visa officer!  Good luck.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
Perhaps the regulations have been simplified since we looked earlier in the year.  The website now says bank statements and payslips from both parties plus letter of invitation from the host.  However, I had previously seen a checklist which required English translations of chamber of commerce documents, military service etc.  I see that the information was updated in November so hopefully the other checklist has been withdrawn.

Offline AnnieM

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »
Hi Posh
I tried to get a holiday visa for my Turkish boyfriend last year in December. We flew to the British consulate in Cyprus. I agreed to sponsor him and I had my own apartment in London and was financially secure. We submitted all the necessary documents but he wasn`t successful in getting a visa and I think it all boils down to how much money the applicant has in his/her Turkish bank account with proof of regular deposits plus proof of employment and regular monthly salary slips and proof of any other assets. Without this, I think it`s quite difficult to get a visa.
Good luck anyway.

Offline kalkan wife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
I am married to a Turk and live in Turkey. His initial visa application was turned down,on the grounds he hadn''t proved to the immigration officer''s satisfaction, that he would return to Turkey.This was most upsetting as one can imagine. However, on appeal the decision was overturned in Istanbul.

My best advice is to include every piece of evidence you can think of with the original application. Bank statements showing a healthy balance and activity (and evidence if possible of where the money came from), an official letter from an employer on business letter headed paper guaranteeing future employment, an invitation letter from a UK resident, proof of National Service of applicable as a minimum.

The authorities will want to be convinced that the appellant will leave the UK after the visit and has the funds to support themselves when in the UK.

Just for clarity, Worldbridge do the administration of applications but DO NOT make the decisions on whether to grant the visa. This is done by immigration experts in Istanbul, who incidentally don''t have a call-centre or enquiry desk.

Quite a pallaver! Good Luck.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Visa or no visa

Started by billmccan on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 07:43:55 AM
by itstime
xx
180 day visa

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 02:37:50 PM
by amber
xx
90/180 visa

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

28 Replies
Last post October 01, 2012, 08:06:18 PM
by Em1
xx
Visa

Started by henty0 on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 10:20:31 PM
by pw

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal