Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Electricity Bills  (Read 5023 times)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Electricity Bills
« on: September 11, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »
I have just received my electricity bill for Jun-Aug, an impressive £644. During which time the villa was occupied for only 8 weeks.

Apparently the cost is so high as 3 price rises over the past year plus the £ falling in value by 15-20%, have more than doubled the price. I have tried to work out the price per Kwh but cannot make sense of the calculations on the bill. Does anyone know the current price.

Regards

Alan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2378.0

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Electricity Bills
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »
The rate varies depending on the type of meter whether it has peak rate and night rate. It is easier to check off the receipt if you pay manually but at the moment it is about 6.54 Ytl per kw hour for a single phase meter.
If you have a villa with a three phase supply for the pool etc then this may be different.
It has been very hot this summer and extremely humid so the use of aircon'' would be high.
Hope this helps a bit 

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »
Hoca,

Thanks. I assume you meant 0.65TL per Kwh, this is roughly 4.5 times the price I pay in the UK and would explain the size of my bill.

On a linked matter, I understand that some villa owners charge for electricity to discourage guests leaving on the airconditioning all the time with my electricity bill working out at around £80pw this looks tempting, but I wonder how well it operates in practice (e.g can your agents get the readings easily and how do people react to a large bill at the end of their holiday) and would be interested in hearing from anyone who does this.

Regards

Alan       

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »
Alantj have you tried comparing the amount of electricity used over a period with the exact same period last year, which is what I have been trying to do. This lets you see how much any increase is related to increased consumption and how much to increased price. Thanks to Hoca''s reply to my recent question in the ''owners'' section I have now been able to work out the consumption figures this year, unfortuantely my photocopy of the bill given to me last year by the management company is so poor I can''t read the figures and will have to wait until I return in October to have a look at the original bill.

Your bill does seem very high.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »
Kalkan regular

I couldn''t really make sense of the bill (partly because also have a bad copy) but given the price rises it isproably about right. Don''t think I will go down the route of charging for electricity but, next year I will be bringing out a box of low energy bulbs.

Regards

Alan

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
Alan,
Why don''t you have a look at this thread on page 4 of the general discussion section of the Owners Lounge
"Card Key for electricity cut off"
It is a system that switches the electric supply on or off when entering or leaving your property and you can choose which electrical sockets/circuits you want to keep on and which to turn off. (A rough explanation) It maybe a solution for you and is a greener option as well.
Joan

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 06:32:54 AM »
I will have another look today at my own we do not rent our apartment for holiday lets but i have now people have come to the one above and all 4 units have ran for 14 days none stop

Offline bryher

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
In July I raised virtually the same topic having received a massive demand from Tedas for the equivalent of £1843.22 at the old 2.54 Lira/£ rate. Foolishly took the local advise, "pay and we will investigate". The alternative would be a large fine for nonpayment. There was a flat refusal to accept an undertaking to pay when resolved or confirmed. I even offered to leave the amount "on deposit" but no hope.

Being persistant I found that for a period the meter failed to register and as I had not spotted this, who gets up each morning to check that the meter is working, an estimate was made. This include some "punishment money" but of more importance covered a period when it was still a builders meter operating at a very much higher unit rate.

It has taken almost 3 months of persistant chasing and providing comparison figures to the regional office for like periods but I have now been given a refund based on my figures plus interest for 3 months.

Persist and you will, if your cause is good, eventually win.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 01:09:32 PM »
For God''s sake open this residents section NOW !!!!!

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »
Why Misty
This is really good stuff to know - better than which bar is the best
We residents know how to enjoy ourselves here

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »
I take it theres no natural gas in Kalkan,do they use LPG bottled gas and what about solid fuel and canyou burn anything, just thought i''d join in because nothing much is happening and am bored.

Offline Hoca

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
alantj
I miss calculated for you my bill for 2 months is 153 ytl using 697,000 kwh including tax meaning that the rate is 22 ykr which is equal to about 10 pence 
You either had an estimated bill or expensive guests but like i say there will be different rates for 3 phase.
Misty by the title this was never going to be an episode of "Dallas" was it.
kevincat99 For me there are no real bars in Kalkan.
JAQUIVIVA Yes there is no natural gas in Kalkan it is all lpg at about 45 ytl for 13kg, you can use solid fuel burners and yes you can burn anything even your bra if you wish

Offline JACQUIVIVA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »
Thankyou Hoca for information am no women''s libber i''ll keep my bra on  :angel:

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 07:13:33 PM »
where do bills get delivered too, and any idea how i might set up standing orders to pay?  I am not sure I have ever seen any paperwork on these or any other utilities bill (apart from a water one) I am told they somtimes leave bills attached to meters or behind a stone!!! is this safe?

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »
Hi
The electric bills are left next to the electric meter, and as soon as a puff of wind goes by, they are on the floor, blowing around the terrace or in the pool!
Perhaps I should leave a stone nearby?
Em
Em

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 09:35:09 PM »
Hi,
If you have an account with any of the banks in Kalkan you can arrange to have your electric paid by direct debit, you need to take a bill in with you. Still waiting for Kalkan to catch up with the rest of Turkey regarding direct debit for the water bills
We''ve had a post box put by our electric box, paid around 20ylt from Fethiye, the electric and water bills are left in there, much safer, you just need to remember to look inside.
regards
T

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Electricity Bills Gone Up!!?

Started by Em on General Discussion

27 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 12:07:36 PM
by rat2
xx
Electricity Bills

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post January 25, 2012, 10:11:57 PM
by zola
xx
Electricity bills.

Started by baclava on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 24, 2019, 06:28:58 PM
by baclava
xx
Xfer of name on electricity, water bills from builder to owner

Started by Hannah Smith on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 10:41:36 PM
by jfm

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm

Views: 3749
By: jinfizzz
Old Town