Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dear Members:  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Osman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Dear Members:
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:46:50 AM »
Dear Members:
 Let me begin by introducing myself, my name is Soyer Osman born in London family originated from North Cyprus
My intention is to take early retirement this time next year with a view of buying a property and living in Turkey, Kalkan being the frontrunner as location
 I’ll be coming over March/April in the New Year and again in late summer Villa hunting (shortlisting)
I’m sure my queries have been posed before, so guidance or cut and paste the link would be most appreciated
Is it worth bringing over my electrical goods TV, Computer, Monitors, Dish Washer white goods etc.? Leaving the big furniture items
If its cost effective, any recommendations of a reputable UK based Removal Company
I’ve only got my self to consider so a rough guide of monthly outgoings without a mortgage would give me a baseline
Rather than list a multitude of fears and concerns I have I would rather hear what other expats experiences are of the top 5 do’s and don’ts 
Sorry if you’ve heard this all before
Thank you all in advance Soyer   

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13563.0

Offline Little Missy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
    • Owners Direct
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Dear Members:
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:49:31 PM »
We relocated here and brought all our furniture and electrical goods over-big mistake, we paid a massive duty on the electrical goods and had to go to Izmir to the docks and our container was opened and items checked on the list, plus the £4,000 it cost to ship the items.  Unless you furniture is a priceless antique or something with great sentimental value that you cannot live without I suggest you buy in Turkey, just make sure you steer clear of Bravocassa.  You can order from Ikea if you like their products and they will be delivered and put together for a small fee.  There are also lots of furniture places on line and in Fethiye that you may wish to try.  Be aware if you enlist the services of a Turkish national MOST of them take a fee (this is usually added to the price of the goods before the retailer gives you a price and can be as much as 30%).  If you already speak Turkish then you will probably be able to negotiate a good price yourself.  Prepare to barter, you never know you may get a bargain.  Good luck-also barter on the price of the villa too, it's a buyer's market.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Oh Dear, I've Only Gone & Dunnit

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 05:36:45 PM
by MartynE
smiley
Oh dear how many pairs!

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post September 30, 2017, 03:16:28 PM
by Lizilu20
wink
Calm down, dear....its only Kalkan!

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

87 Replies
Last post June 30, 2015, 09:21:45 PM
by Babs
xx
New members

Started by misty on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 07:38:01 AM
by pw

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal