Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ADSL Broadband  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
ADSL Broadband
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »

Can anybody please tell me what is the max speed available and what are the various cost''s for the different broadband packages as I can''t seem to find a Turkish web page in English which details them.

Any info from you knowledgeable lot will be greatly appreciated

Regards; buster  :-*

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=518.0
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
Re: ADSL Broadband
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »
Hi

Turktelecom charge 49 YTL a month for unlimited useage and I think 29YTL a month for use which is restricted to 8 hours a day(?)

In addition you of course need a phone line which is about 10YTL a month

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:50:46 PM »
Tthe 29 ytl package works out at an average of 8 hours a day but you can use it for an unlimited amount of time in one day provided you don''t exceed an average of 8 hours per day in one month. Speeds same as UK.
 I have Radio 4 on through the computer most  days from about 07.00 until  18.00  hrs and have never exceeded the 29 lira package limit.
 You can also get wireless internet set up very easily, so if you have a  laptop, it can be used anywhere around the house and garden.
 Lantana

Lantana

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:02:34 PM »
Hi buster - Im with Lantana here - we pay the same as her for ADSL with the same restriction but have never been known to go over and in fact - they don''t cut you off - you just pay for it - but have never had to pay for it..!!  Obviously our guests can''t be online 24/7 or else we would notice and we don''t use it that much when we are there - but it is incredibly useful - also we use the phone with internet VOIPFONE and then we can call UK for the price of a UK call..!  Magic!!  We have a wireless router so I just bring my laptop and tell my guests to do the same - it works very well - even by the pool - if only you can see the screen coz of the sunlight..!! LOL!!   ;D

You need the get your phone line installed and then contact turktelecome - its a piece of cake - easier than in the UK!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »
Hi Peeps, do you set the phone line and t''internet up at the Post office, is there an installation charge and how do you go about paying for the phone and broadband services? . . . . oh and how many mint humbugs in a kilo please?
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »
Hi Buster

Sorry i can''t answer your question but was just wondering when you''re going to update your blog ? I really enjoyed reading the last one and am looking forward to the next installment?
 :)

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:40:05 PM »
When we were in Kalkan end of August my agent Hamza Informed us that new telephone lines are going to be put in when building work starts again this winter and they will be run up close to our house.

So keeping fingers tightly crossed he is correct.

The work evidently should have been done before this years holiday season started but they ran out of time.

To obtain a phone line you have to have a residence permit so that will be a priority for me when we come out in October. As I have to have my daily fix of enjoyKalkan.

By the way thanks for posting the costings for Broadband ADSL.

Regards Buster.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 09:15:33 PM »
hi Buster - you don''t need a resident''s permit to get a phone and therefore ADSL/broadband - you just need a friendly turk!!  We have a phone line and ADSL in Yusuf''s name who looks after our place and we obviously pay the bills as we do for everything else..!!

Cheers!

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »
Obtaining a phone line and setting up broad band is done at the post office and at the Turktelecom office which is located at the top of the stairs on the left hand side of the PTT building as you stand  in front of the PTT.

There is a set up charge for broadband but it is small. You will need a modem
 ( there are several computer shops which have them and will install them for you.) Turk Telecom do not do this, they just deal with the line. You can also get a wireless modem, if you are using a laptop, a bit more expensive but worth the extra for the flexibility to use your computer anywhere in the house.

We use the computer shop  next to the Nur pastanesi, located on the road up to the market, where the IS bank is. They speak English and are very helpful.

To pay, if you have  a Turkish bank account, you can set up a standing order or direct debit. This is the easiest way, otherwise you or somebody on your behalf must go tp the PTT each month to pay the bill but beware, broadband is cut off  if you are more than 5 days late with your payment.
 Lantana

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »
We had an ADSL connection in 2006 and 2007 but had a lot of trouble with it between August and November last year (super slow, dropped connections, etc).  We had the phone line and connection checked several times, no problem.  Both of our computers continued to have extreme problems getting onto the Internet.  We were told that the phone company employees were on strike, don''t know how that would have affected the signal or the bandwidth.  Finally we cancelled our account in November as we were leaving anyway.

But soon we are returning to Kalkan and have to decide whether to subscribe to ADSL again or go back to a dial-up connection which seemed to be working better than ADSL.

Anyone who is currently using ADSL, is it working reasonably quickly?  Are you having bandwidth problems?
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »
Hi Cosetta - when I was out in January - I had no problems with my ADSL connection or bandwidth...the occasional going down of the line - but nothing more than usual...!!

Oh and I nearly forgot - I recall somebody said that their bills had gone up recently and was that a general price rise - well my bills are still the same 43 ytl I think..!!

Cheers!

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
Hi Felicity,

We had unlimited ADSL and paid around YTL 89.  I just checked and 2Mb of download speed is now YTL 69 plus all those taxes that amounts to about another 18%.  We had the PO send out 2 servicemen and no problem was found, yet our connection, both with cable and wireless, was so weak that we finally gave up.  If you have no problems, that confirms to me that something is up with the signal coming to our house.  Oh well, maybe we''ll give it one more try before going back to dial-up!

Cheers, Carole

Offline vicksen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
Up to date prices for ADSL, showing normal prices and current special offers for taking a 24 month ADSL contract with Turkish Telekom :

http://www.ttnet.net.tr/149.aspx

Ä°t''s in Turkish, but fairly obvious what it all means.
 Prices include KDV & ÖİV.

There is a one-off connection charge of 29YTL on top of these.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Broadband querie

Started by matelot92 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 21, 2009, 06:21:00 PM
by matelot92
recycled
Mobile Broadband

Started by shining-one on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 02:40:17 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
ADSL Costs

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Living In Kalkan

10 Replies
Last post June 08, 2009, 10:08:54 AM
by howmad
xx
ADSL or Point to Point advice please

Started by chrissy1 on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post November 08, 2016, 01:57:16 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal