Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What have we been missing?  (Read 8475 times)

Offline charriman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • Turkish 90/180 Day Calculator
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
What have we been missing?
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »
Hello everyone.

I have been coming to Kalkan for about 12 years now with my partner Sue and her daughter Hannah. You may have seen us around as Sue is quite unmissable with her collection of large hats!

I suppose that over the years, we have fallen into a bit of routine - same restaurants, boats, beach clubs etc. A case of "If it ain't broke...".

However, reading some of the other holiday reports has highlighted that even as "old timers", there is still so much to see and do. Can't wait to get back and get started.

My last visit took me 4 days over the 90 (Ooops) and whilst the fine wasn't much, the administrative process meant that we would have missed our flight had it not been delayed by 2 hours. Since returning, I have spent my time creating a website that will validate any trips you wish to make.

As a newcomer to this site, I'm not sure if I can mention it here. If anyone is interested, please get in touch.

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13064.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: What have we been missing?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 06:16:01 PM »
Hi charriman and welcome to the forum. Good to know you didn't end up in the slammer a la midnight express, for overstaying your welcome  ;D seriously though, I'm sure your website will be really useful for you lucky people who can spend more than 2 weeks at a time in our beloved Kalkan.  :)
As you can probably tell, I love this forum. It doesn't matter how many times we go, we always learn so much from the other forum members and their experiences. Your input will be very welcome here.  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:01:19 AM »
Hi charriman, I too would find your website interesting, any tips/info regarding Kalkan are always useful to all who visit Kalkan regularly, and yes we know your partner Sue in fact I think her and her hats are almost famous in Kalkan /merkez now

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 10:40:49 AM »
Ah, were you there during first three weeks of August?  I spotted you and named you the best turned out family in Kalkan! Sat next to you in Merkez I think!  Would love to see your website!

Offline charriman

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • Turkish 90/180 Day Calculator
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
Hello Haybo and Chrissy1

Thank you both for your kind comments - much appreciated.

We were there in early August - in fact the last visit lasted from 8th July to 16th September. How's that for a Kalkan fix.

It still wasn't long enough though.

I will message you both with the website details.

Thanks again.

Offline bizzylizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 05:32:59 PM »
Hello charriman
We have seen the three of you many times at Merkez over the years . We aways check out your table as we pass by and are disappointed if you aren't there. We assumed you were residents. We would love to look at your website. Back in kalkan on Saturday for 2 weeks. Been coming for 10 years and still can't get enough of the place

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
Hello Charriman, we too love looking out for your wife and her wonderful hats.....you may recognise us for my husband's shocking taste in shirts. We have been coming to Kalkan for many years and were also there in August. We have alwAys called your partner 'The Duchess', I'm not sure what people call my husband with his shocking shirts! Looking forward to seeing you in Merkez next year.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Missing specs

Started by Joules on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 02:33:19 PM
by Joules
xx
things going missing

Started by billy on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 24, 2009, 10:11:46 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Missing post??

Started by amber on Living In Kalkan

0 Replies
Last post January 07, 2012, 07:41:29 PM
by amber
xx
got the missing kalkan blues

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2010, 03:14:07 PM
by Baggy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal