Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: very new!!  (Read 4414 times)

Offline leafy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
very new!!
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:09:26 PM »
Hi,
This is the 1st time of posting on here! I have just booked with friends to go the Kalkan at the very begining of september, and looking at all the pictures and reading all the posts, I think that we have made the right descision.  We have never been to Turkey before and are sure that we are going to love it what is the weather usually like at that time.. ?
How do you all hire a car do you do it this end or when you get there?
Enough questions for now, as there is plenty of time for that
Oh and Happy new year to you all
Leaf

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=993.0

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: very new!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »
Hello Leafy

Welcome to the forum. You''ll find some good advice on here. The weather early September?......hot, hot, hot!  As for car hire, it doesn''t really matter, you could book through this site or you could wait until you get out there and then decide where and when you want to go and do car hire for just a couple of days. We don''t always hire a car, sometimes we just can''t tear ourselves away from Kalkan, but it is nice to get out and see some other places. I''m sure you''ll enjoy yourselves and please do leave a report on here when you return.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 06:15:49 PM »
Welcome to EnjoyKalkan Leaf  :D

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, Im sure someone will be able to answer you! Glad you found us

Jon

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
Welcome Leafy, we never fancied Turkey but decided to give it a try and poured over brochures and web-sites to find the kind of relaxed traditional resort that we prefer. We chose Kalkan and it was one of the best decisions we made. 
Try looking back through the older threads and postings from last summer, you will find answers to most of your questions there. You can also use the Search facility at the top of the page.

Offline Liz C

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Sorry to butt in on this thread but just noticed Joan H is from Horwich! HI!!!  I''m from Belmont.
Liz

Offline Cruisecontroller

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »
Hi Leafy, Welcome to EK and trust you will gain a lot of useful information here.  For a first time to Turkey, you couldn''t have chosen better, the people are so friendly and helpful.  Just remember one important thing, you give the turkish people some of your time and you will have an excellent holiday.  What I mean by this, is when you are going by restaurants, there are people outside touting for business.  Don''t duck your head and rush by, if you don''t want to eat there, a polite no thank you or I am not ready to eat yet.  The people of Turkey only remember good people.  Kalkan is the most friendly resort we have stayed in, in Turkey and we''ve been coming to this country for seven years.

Les

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »
Hi Leaf,

We had our first holiday in Kalkan last year from 7th to 14th September and the weather was great. Temperatures between 80 and 90 degrees all week and not a cloud in the sky - fabulous!

Enjoy,
Alison

Offline J.

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »
Leafy,
HI and welcome to Enjoykalkan.
The weather temperature in Kalkan in September will be excellent. No need to worry if you are looking for hot weather.
Hiring a car ... You can hire a car through this forum and earn yourself some discount at the same time.
Also ..... the people of Kalkan remember most people, not just the "good" people and anyone in business
will tell you that you should keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

Offline TUBA

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 10:36:19 PM »
Hi Leafy,
I''m a "newbie" too and I  asked a question about getting about in Kalkan and the replies were numerous and so helpful - it''s a great place to find out and really helps when you are going somewhere new.  There is a chat room too (that I have just discovered and had a pleasant chat with jinnfizz).  We are going in July and I''m sure I will inundate the site with questions before then!  I''ll be watching for yours too as may save me asking - Tuba -

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent.

Views: 2977
By: clara 50
Villa Safran