Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not been to Kalkan before  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Hampo12

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Not been to Kalkan before
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:45 PM »
Hi
We are looking to come to Kalkan this August and have a couple of question if anybody is able to answer them

We have previously stayed in Yalikavak where we enjoyed the day trips to other town/villages for the markets and local foods, looking at Kalkan on google maps i am slightly concerned that there isnt alot around us to do....we will be hiring a car for the two weeks

next question we have been looking for Villa and it seems the further to are back from the coast the cheaper, we ahave found a super place but it seems very close to the motorway when viewed on the map, can anybody advise if the motorway is noisy and we are better looking for an alternative plave to rent

Thanks

hampo12

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11730.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Not been to Kalkan before
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:48:14 PM »
If you have a car you can find plenty of places to visit....Fethiye itself an hour away is worth it if you haven't been Patara has the beach! and the little towns nearby are interesting Kinik etc..Kas 40 mins the other side of kalkan also a nice place...we stayed in yalikavak many years ago (Altinkoy ) but kalkan is our first choice every year now....It's not a motorway but the D400 is a duel carriageway....busyish by day ...we have stayed near it and not found it  to be that noisy...Put the name of the place you are looking at and someone will no doubt be able to tell you more...any questions fire away and don't forget at the top you can use the search button (magnifying icon) just enter what you are interested in and old threads will come up  ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
Kiziltas at the top end of the D400  is very  peaceful ,  the higher you are , the more spectacular the views,  it is a trade off course ,  however  the walk required down to town,   can be done  in 10 minutes  via the new pedestrian bridges ,   but many  do get taxis back up the hill, definitely needed after a good meal in town along with  a  dozen EFES

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »
I would recommend Kiziltas above the D400 (not just because our place is there) it is peaceful the views are magnificent and it has the feeling of "space" which is not afforded in the Kalamar or town areas.
  There is nothing better at the end of a lively evening down in town than relaxing with a nightcap whilst looking down at the lights of town  . . . without noise.
  Road noise for us has never been an issue, but then we are not right on the edge of it.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »
Even if you are close to I don't think noise would be an issue, the road is in a deep cutting which limits the noise uphill from it and in the evening there is very little traffic.

Even though we usually hire a car, we make a point of walking in and out of Kalkan twice a day from our villa which is a fair bit higher than the D400.  The walk back is a bit stiff,but the the payback (you can eat what you like without putting on weight and  go home feeling fitter than when you arrived) is more than worth it.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
Headroom & Alantj,  we are all in agreement thumbs up for Kiziltas, has everything going for it,   I am dreaming now ,  of those views on an evening ,while relaxing on the roof terrace with a few bottles of wine looking down on the bay as the lights start to dim  and the sea shimmers and twinkles in the last of the evening sun,  stop it  stop  I am giving myself Kalkan withdrawals symptoms ,  I need my Kalkan fix,  I need my fix now  help help

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 06:55:27 PM »
Count me in as well - simply love it ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
New To Kalkan

Started by Ron on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 09:32:03 AM
by Ron
xx
ufo s in kalkan ??

Started by kevywevy on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post May 09, 2008, 10:37:02 PM
by kevywevy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sunrise from Bellamine

Views: 3285
By: Rachey
Patara Beach