Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New to Kalkan  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
New to Kalkan
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »
Hello everyone, I will be visiting Kalkan for the first time in June, have been to Icmeler a couple of times and was in Belek in October.  Really looking forward to Kalkan, looks like my idea of heaven, good food and a laid back atmosphere!  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10777.0

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: New to Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
Hi Lisa

You have described Kalkan perfectly,and when you come,you wont be disappointed.The many restaurants you can visit are very diverse,in terms of cost,but all offering excellent choice and quality.

The stunning views are incredible,and the locals very very friendly...Have fab times !!

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
We are staying in a villa at the far end of Kisla, there will be 6 of us, was just wondering if anyone has any tips on Taxi's as I presume we may be needing to use them quite a lot!!  I am a little worried that we booed in haste before doing our homework on the area and a chunk of our lira will be spent on transport!!  ???

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
We got taxis from the Old Town (where all the restaurants are) to the Mahal hotel quite regularly last year and I seem to remember it cost 15-18 tl which is about £6-7.  The far end of Kisla does have a beach club though and I think they run a water taxi during the day at any rate. Not sure if they charge but would probably be a bit cheaper. My tip is soon after getting there and using a taxi you like use the same chap again when you need them, then they will give you an excellent service.

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
Yes we are hoping to find a friendly taxi driver who we could use regularly ..... Will have to put extra spends to one side for the fares, we are thinking of doing our own meal maybe one night and have also booked "chefs at home" for another so hopefully won't be too bad.

Thanks for your comments.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 07:32:47 PM »
Hi and welcome!  We stayed at a villa in Kisla couple of years ago - it was bliss, and you will get some great sunsets!  There is a small bar/restaurant called Jimmys at the end of the road in Kisla , you can't miss it and you will be made very welcome.  From memory I think they do a nightly barbecue it's not as classy as the restaurants in Kalkan, but fine if you just want to stay somewhere local, and no transport costs! Have a fantastic holiday.  :)

Offline Mrs P

• Mrs P
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
Sounds good ..... Thanks for your advice.....just counting the weeks now     :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal