Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Solz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
Hi everyone.
My family and I are heading out to Kalkan this summer for the first time, on recommendation of a friend who goes every year.
We are staying at the samira resorts villas, which are currently being renovated, it'll be amazing if the planned pics are to be believed.
I have no concerns about traveling to Turkey, (have previously visited Lara beach), and found the Turkish people, among the most welcoming of people we have visited.

I would appreciate any hints/tips for first time visitors, with 2 young children (6 &10) who can be a bit fussy on eating (we are Def not!!!).  Would also be grateful for a heads up on best supermarket for general shop.

Looking forward to going! First 2 week holiday we have taken with our lot.
Many thanks
Ian

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13891.0

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »
You will have a lovely time, my children were about that age when we first visited Kalkan.In the heat of summer they will probably be quite happy in the pool most of the time. There is Patara Beach a dolmus ride away, a beautiful beach where there is also a thatched cafe for snacks. There are plenty of boat trips everyday from the harbour, some around the bay and some a bit further away. There is Saklikent Gorge where you can wade through the icy water and have lunch in the local trout farms.
As for eating you will be spoilt for choice and your 'fussy' eaters will be well catered for.Most  if not all restaurants have a children's menu.
We use Carrefour supermarket but there are others to choose from.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »
Welcome Solz I’m sure you will love Kalkan and the Samira villas. Sorry can’t offer any advice regarding children as ours are grown up now but I’m sure you will find many child friendly restaurants as the Turks just love kids. Plenty of supermarkets to choose from. Enjoy!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Boats in harbour

Views: 3904
By: cer
Villa Kova