Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi new to the site.  (Read 3715 times)

Offline BoyWonder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hi new to the site.
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:49:46 AM »
Hi myself and three others are visiting kalkan on 2nd may so I have been looking at your'' excellent website. never been to kalkan or even turkey before. all very excited. the information on this site has certainly painted a picture. we are after a bit of sun, somewhere to relax, food and some drinkies and from everybodies description we have found the right place. so look out for 2 thirty something couples between the 2nd may and the 10th. one of us is 6 foot 5 so you can''t miss him.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1365.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Hi new to the site.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
Welcome to the Forum and Kalkan BoyWonder!  If you have any questions before your holiday - just shout!!  I know you will have a fab time and YES your tall friend will definitely stand out - all the turks are very short so he will be well noticed..!! LOL!  ;D ;D  I have a friend equally tall and quite broad and boy - he looks like a giant when standing next to my turkish buddies...!!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:59:28 AM »
hiya boywonder,welcome,Im 6.3 and most of the doorways are a good size,so tell your friend he wont have to keep ducking !  ;D
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »
Just to clarify Felicity''s post - "all the Turks are very short"  Some Turks are short, plenty are tall, plenty are average height.Pretty much the same as the rest of the world.  Not sure what Felicity means by ''very short'' - you will certainly be head and probably shoulders above a lot of people, but I imagine that''s the case when you are in the UK as well.

Sweeping generalisations are always best avoided as they are never accurate and can be quite hurtful.

Lantana

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 07:18:30 PM »
Welcome boywonder and as Felicity says any questions just shout. I hope  you and your friends have a wonderful holiday.

Offline kalkanfan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:02:40 PM »
Felicity - I think you will find that a good number of the staff at your favourite hotel could be said to be tall - how could you forget - Halil, Ilkay, Emre and Fuat?

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
Ooooh, being tall in Kalkan is wonderful!
I''m 6ft4in and Mr B is 6ft6in.
You can always be sure of a genuine enquiry about your height and some affectionate teasing....so different from the U.K!
In the U.K theres a quiet, and sometimes rude, fascination in our height..but in Kalkan its an open fascination.
The waiters in Belgins kitchen took photos of us with their 5ft tall boss, showed it to thier mates, and we became minor celebrities for the rest of our hols!  ;)
Some of the taller Turkish folks of Kalkan like to chat about our shared heights.

As Lantana correctly points out, theres tall and short and in between everywhere in the world.  8)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
i am one of  the worlds short.a***s...my world is a view of up other peoples nostrils ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BoyWonder

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 02:32:18 PM »
Hello to you all and thank you for your'' welcome. I''m not as tall as my fiend standing although i fear that i am lying down. (talking bellys here!)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New to Site

Started by frangaz16 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
by frangaz16
xx
Hello - New to site

Started by wendy1970 on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 06:08:08 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
hello new to this site

Started by tanya on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 09:19:54 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
new to site

Started by gilly123 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 10:09:45 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal