Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi forumites!any other suggestions  (Read 2634 times)

Offline superrn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hi forumites!any other suggestions
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
My name is Diane and I have been reading the posts on tripadvisor and asking lots of questions in preparation for my independent trip to Turkey this coming September/October.  One of the answers to a question suggested this website for help in this area of Turkey. I am so glad to have found this site, makes my planning even easier.  Well, maybe not easier but certainly helps with finding places I want to see.  I just wish I had 3 months rather than 3 wks to see Turkey! I will be spending about a wk driving up the coast from Antalya to Izmir where I will drop off my rental car and return to Istanbul for a few days before flying back to Ohio, USA and back to my job as a nurse in the cardiac care stepdown unit.  Everyone at work is very jealous although some are worried that I won''t be safe. I have no worries on that score as I have read much about the safety issue and will just use common sense. I haven''t decided how many nights I will spend in the Kalkan area. I arrive in Antalya on the morning of the 25th after taking the overnite bus from Cappodocia and have a reservation at the Dogan Hotel for that night. Then I will collect my car and off I go. I want to see the chimera at Olympos on the way too. I thought one night in that area, then on to Kalkan for a night. I would really like to do a mini gulet cruise if I can fine one in my budget. I don''t care if I have to share a cabin with a stranger, I plan to sleep under the stars anyways! Although I am in my (early)50''s, I am adventurous and want to see as much as possible with down time to relax too. I love to snorkel and hope to have time for that too. Not sure about the paragliding I read about on here, but possibly.  So if you can help with a recommendation for a mini cruise company, a place with clean but quite reasonable rates for a lone (but not lonely) female for a nite and any other suggestions you might have... I will be quite grateful!  Also I would love to meet up with anyone who will be there when I am. I like to travel alone because I always meet more people that way!  Sorry this is soooo long but I am so excited about this trip, I can''t help myself. Diane

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1390.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Hi forumites!any other suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
You are in for a real treat and it is so safe your friends should be jealous, If you can spend a few days in Kalkan.We go for 2 weeks but always want longer, you will then get a good flavour of the resort and its people, use kalkan as a base then trip off here there and everywhere. Sorry cant help with boat trip question but anything else we will all support you. And if you let people know when you are there someone will meet up for a drink with you, enjoy kalkan has a real friendly crew.

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »
I think the best places to find an overnight gulet trip would be Gocek, Bodrum, Fethiye, Marmaris, Kas, Kusadasi- hopefully you will find a group to join up with in one of those places.
When you go to Olympos, I would recommend staying in Cirali, going along the coast there are heaps of ancient sites, my advice would be don''t miss Myra (very easy to do) or Patara (ruins & beach)& of course Ephesus is a must. You should stop at Dalyan, maybe Akyaka, an overnight on the Bozburun peninsula and maybe Datca. Perhaps stay a night in Kaya koy near Fethiye and the Olu Deniz lagoon. If you spend your last night in Izmir, the seafront at Alsancak (pronounced al-san-jak) is a busy promenade area,with a great atmosphere.
For paragliding (worth doing) Sky sports in Fethiye (Olu Deniz) are the most professional I believe.
You may find this website invaluable for nice places to stay http://www.nisanyan.net/

Hope that is helpful
Mercimek

Offline superrn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:16:27 AM »
Thanks both of you for your suggestions. I too am sure that it will be very fun and sure hope to meet in person as many of you as possible that I have met online here.  Thats the good thing about traveling alone; it forces me to talk to strangers if I want to have any conversation besides with myself (which I have been known to do). I really look forward to enjoying all that Kalkan and the area has to offer.  :)

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
well I dont have any other suggestions to make Superrn but I''ll lay a sportsmans bet with you i.e. no cash involved, that once you''ve tasted Kalkan, you''ll be back!  :)   Hope it all works out for you.  Best Wishes Bill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Suggestions Please

Started by Firecat on Other Resorts

2 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 10:59:46 AM
by antler
xx
Suggestions please!

Started by AllanChris on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post December 13, 2010, 08:37:43 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Take away suggestions

Started by Solz on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post June 15, 2018, 07:07:54 AM
by onelove
xx
Departure day suggestions

Started by Lancs lass on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 01:05:52 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal