Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What to pack?  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: What to pack?
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
I'll second the salad cream. Last time in Kalkan we eventually found some tucked away in the Yali supermarket but it was horrendously expensive and our girls get through gallons of the stuff  :o
Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight!

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 05:02:19 PM »
baby wipes . . . if the water's cut off for a couple of days it's nice to be able to freshen up at least!!!!!

Offline pinkyali

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 05:37:08 PM »
In the past we've struggled to find tomato paste for that all important spag -boll, if anyone knows where you can get that please tell?

we found Lipton's yellow label to be the nearest to our  own supermarket tea, readily available at all the supermarkets

also we have always appreciated having a welcome pack in our accomodation, this usually includes tea bags to keep you going.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:06 PM »
you can buy tomato puree in Yali :)
We've been bringing bacon and sausages in our suitcases for years. I like salted butter and have given up trying to find one I like in Kalkan so a slab of country life makes the journey with us now too.
I'd check if your villa has a cool bag as its an invaluable accessory for the beach/days out and its impossible to buy one there. I have to have decaff tea and coffee so we pack them too...its a wonder I have any room for clothes :)
I like to dress down during the day and up during the evening...but there doesn't appear to be any need to glam up if you don't want to ;)...there's no rules.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
I have to drink decaff too and Migros definitely  and I think (if I remember correctly from April) Can Can sell decaff gold blend coffee. I usually take enough for the first few days in a sandwich or ziplock bag, then buy a jar there as I find that 1 jar of coffee is not quite enough for the whole holiday and it saves on the weight.
I also took some bisto best chicken gravy granules and discovery fajita spice mix this time, I used the gravy granules but never got round to the fajitas!!!
Good tip re the butter. I actually admit to sometimes mixing a little salt into Kalkan butter before i spread it as it seems tasteless unsalted.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:27 AM »
you're right lizilu, I have seen decaff coffee in Kalkan, but I'm not a fan of gold blend :P I bring the stronger stuff (alta rica decaff) in a ziplock bag for the entire stay (great minds eh?) and some nice ground decaff coffee for the coffee machine/cafetiere. Now and again I might have a liqueur coffee after a meal - if I ask the caffeine policeman very nicely - but its always a huge mistake and I'm not good afterwards.. :( Part of that letting your guard down on holiday thing ::)
Gravy granules is a good tip...!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »
Won't the gravy granules make a mess of the cafetiere??  >:D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline amberpop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »
Reading the posts, i was also thinking of packing a few bits and pieces, but, would be worried about getting stop at customs. I wouldnt pack a sharp knife though as first time we went abroad many years ago my husbands case was searched at athens airport, we had packed a butter knife in there and boy was it scarey. We were allowed to board the plane minus the knife but it wasnt an experience we would like to repeat. If our knives arent sharp in our apartment we would rather buy one there, and, leave it there!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
When do you pack?

Started by kalkan4eva on The Everything Else Area!

27 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 01:17:34 PM
by Joeyloveskalkan
xx
Welcome pack costs !

Started by brian j p on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2017, 01:58:41 PM
by brian j p
xx
Is it safe to pack a laptop in a suitcase?

Started by butterfly on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 10:17:07 AM
by Pauline
xx
Ladies and gents how do you pack your pork!

Started by Holidaylover28 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal