Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish tax on Rental Income  (Read 7499 times)

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Turkish tax on Rental Income
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:13 PM »
I have just been looking at filling in the tax form 1001B, however there seems to be a new one on line, 2013 is printed in tiny print on the bottom left had corner instead of 2011, and page 2 is much longer with an instruction to fill out co-owners details.  The trouble is that page 2 now stretches to page 3 or I could shrink it when printing page 2 so it went on one page, but it would be small type and narrow.  Has anyone picked up the new form from the Kas tax office, if so does it run to page 3 or have they squeezed it onto 2 pages?  They tend to be a bit picky about how the form is printed and friends had one rejected as it wasn't printed back to back so I don't want them to throw mine out.  Or are they still accepting the tax return on a 2011 form?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10672.0

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Turkish tax on Rental Income
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »
I will be filling in a tax return for first time, purchased property in late 20011 and rented out in 2012 . Our villa is in joint names so I believe I have to do a return for each of us?. We are going out to Kalkan in May and October, so I believe I need to submit first return in March and will have to be done at Turkish Embassy in London. Hopefully I can submit the second return when in Kalkan in October.

I hope I have my facts right, would love to know if anyone has their returns done by an accountant in Kalkan, i,e send them the  info for  them to do on our behalf,  not sure how much it cost though to get an accountant Kalkan to do as have never done before. Also I was slightly confused as to what you are allowed as an allowance. Would I be correct in thinking you take 25% off total income for maintenance ad running costs  and then you are allowed an allowance against the final tax amount for each of the joint property owners. Any info would be much appreciated, as looking at different forums there appears to be differences in opinions as to what   you are allowed as allowances against rental tax

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
Hi Brian. We use an accountant in Kas. PM me if you want his information. He works out your tax, fills in your return and pays your tax due and charges 250/300TL. He knocks of 25% and then you get the full personal allowance (a bit less than 3000tl if I remember rightly) and then you pay tax on the rest. As my husband and I co-own our apartment we earn half the rental income each from which he deducts the 25% and then we have the full tax allowance each, we do however then have to pay our accountant a fee each.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:25 AM »
Thanks KR ,  I will send you a PM

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
We use an accountant in Kalkan - Ali Tunc.

We have asked him not to use the standard 25% allowance for us; not many people know this but you can elect to deduct actual expenses rather than the flat rate 25% - this works out much better for us; so much so that we pay more in accountants fees than the actual tax itself (!), but by using him we know we are keeping everything above board.

The only problem is that Ali himself doesn't speak great English, but we get by with the help of one or two of his staff.

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
It wouuld appear to me that the less tax you pay in Turkey, the more you pay in the UK, or have I misunderstood the situation.
It seems like swings and roundabouts, with no particular advantage to either method of dealing with the Turkish element.
Have I got this all wrong ???   Help!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »
It wouuld appear to me that the less tax you pay in Turkey, the more you pay in the UK, or have I misunderstood the situation.
It seems like swings and roundabouts, with no particular advantage to either method of dealing with the Turkish element.
Have I got this all wrong ???   Help!
I think you are correct on this, however there are situations where you could pay more tax in Turkey than you would in the UK hence could be worth reducing the tax paid in Turkey.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
A factor in deciding how to deal with Turkish tax depends on whether or not you can obtain receipts for maintenance and repair work - not easy in my experience. Many tradespeople appear to deal on a cash only basis and one can only speculate on the reason for that ::).

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
the double-taxation agreement between UK and Turkey means you should be able to offset any tax you pay in Turkey against your UK tax liabilities ... as long as you have taxable income in on Fereign earnings UK.  So if you have UK losses, then Turkish tax is irrelevant since you cannot offset it

Offline derek364

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09:24 AM »
Hi Anne,

I am just about to send my returns in and am intending to use the 3 pages that now print. I translated the form last year using google (which were the first ones we completed) and most of the entries seem straightforward. Can I ask what numbers you put in Tablo - 4. I have put my share of the cost of our villa in the top right hand box (Vergi Degeri) and my share of the gross letting income where it asks for Gayrisafi Irat. Thanks.

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 03:24:03 PM »
Hi Derek

Tablo 4 is the section that has been extended as you will realise. Under Vergi Degeri we put our tapu price, I think is is probably correct that you just put your share of it.  Under Gayrisafi Irat I put my gross income.

The new addition on the 3 page version on the bottom two lines asks for details of a co-owner, the percentage share, tax number and name.

The Turkish Consulate did promise to post a hard copy of the new form to me but as that was nearly 2 weeks ago, I don't think that is going to happen so I guess, like you, I will just print off the 3 page version.

If I haven't answered your question please let me know.

Anne

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested, I finally got hold of the new tax form  1001B.  It took 4 weeks for the Turkish Consulate in London to post it to me.  The new form is still 2 pages, back to back, even though more information is requested on page 2  than before.  It might be a bit late for anyone to ask them to post a copy but if you are near London the person who sent the form to me is Mrs S Ramadan from the Office of the Financial and Customs Counsellor which I think is based at the Turkish Consulate in Rutland Gardens, Knightsbridge.  You can pay your tax at the Ziraat Bank in Moorgate as long as you have the Kas tax office bank details

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Rental Income Tax

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post November 09, 2008, 02:19:00 PM
by Em1
xx
2015 tax on rental income

Started by Jamera on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post February 01, 2016, 11:49:50 AM
by baclava
xx
Payment of tax on rental income

Started by stevelynn on Money & Finance

7 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 08:18:23 PM
by stevelynn
xx
New rules on rental income

Started by baclava on General Discussion

25 Replies
Last post February 09, 2018, 12:54:28 PM
by caradog

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal