Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Guru's Place cooking school  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Kalkankt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Guru's Place cooking school
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:50:34 PM »
Just got back from a fabulous morning with Husseiyn at guru's place cooking school. We LOVED it. It's day three of our holiday here in Kalkan and I have every intention of writing reviews for each and every restaurant as we go (gourmet, doy doy, moonlight and hunkar so far as well as our hotel Meldi's cooking to be reviewed!) but I couldn't wait to review this fantastic place
We were made to feel so welcome and the meal we created is the best thing we have eaten so far ( and as you can see we have been eating good food!)
First thing after being picked up we visited the butcher and green grocer and learnt about choosing vegetables (and that there are 4 different types of aubergine around -who knew! Then off to the restaurant where we were greeted by the family (including a very cute toddler chasing chickens) we learnt how to chop slice dice and mash and I loved every second.
My OH who is more than happy to eat the food - not so much with the preparation of - loved it too and the other couple we did our course with also thoroughly enjoyed it.
Would def recommend!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9968.0

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Guru's Place cooking school
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 02:16:44 PM »
Sounds wonderful - thanks for posting,  do you have the contact details at all?  We are planning our return in October, and 1/2 day cooking is not too much to give up in the sunshine! -  Thanks

Offline Kalkankt

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
Oh absolutely do go - we started around 10 and finished at 2 so missed the cray heat of the midday sun and got back to our hotel in time to enjoy an afternoon by the pool. (Am still here in fact) we contacted the school through the website http://www.kalkanguru.com/cooking-course/ but I have a number I will find and let you know

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
I totally agree with Kalkankt.  Seven of us went and we all had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Huseyin showed us round his garden and explained about the fruit and vegetables they grow, very interesting. Then afterwards he sent us loads of photo's he had taken of us during the day.
Lovely family, great food, and well worth it in my opinion.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Go Karting by the School?

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

28 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
WHAT GREEN SCHOOL?

Started by Enişte on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 08:57:47 PM
by rat2
xx
Villa Kismet - Near to school

Started by debbiesurrey on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post September 10, 2010, 05:07:16 PM
by debbiesurrey
xx
Cooking in or Eating Out?

Started by Bob & Jayne on Cooking

9 Replies
Last post June 23, 2013, 10:24:04 PM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal