Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 90/180 visa  (Read 7591 times)

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: 90/180 visa
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 06:09:30 PM »
I am getting more confused about this as time goes on!!

ianb mentioned someone buying a new visa without realising the previous one was still valid. Passport control overstamped the new visa as invalid and they entered on the original visa.

Charlie says he purchased a new visa on Friday even though the first one hadn't expired. He goes on to say that he had to purchase a new one as the original was due to expire 4 days before his leaving date??????

Doesn't this make a nonsense of the new 90/180 visa rules????

Isn't the whole point of the new rule that you can only stay for 90 days in a 180 days period?? If you can just buy a new visa because your stay will over run the 180 days what is the point of having this rule.

Just don't understand!!

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
he probably had not spent 90 days in the 180. just holidays. so like before if your visa ran out during your stay you would have to buy a new one on arrival. it is confusing though  ???

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »
As per information on KTLN which I have copied below it says it doesn't matter if you haven't used all of your 90 days. The point is the new rules are saying you must leave Turkey on or before day 180 and on day 181 and not before you can purchase another visa.

What happens on day 180?
The new law says that when your visa expires, you must leave Turkey, irrespective of how many of your 90 days have been used.

What happens if my holiday in Turkey straddles day 180?
This is the big question.  There is much speculation, and little clarity on this question.  We will know for sure on, or shortly after 29th July - 180 days after the first new style visas were first issued.

If Schengen principles apply, (as mentioned above), then irrespective of how many of your 90 days you have used up, you must leave Turkey on the 180th day.  On day 181, and not before, you can return to Turkey and apply for another visa.

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »
Yes, I think there are two points here Ianb. One is the law and the second which is what is muddying the waters is how it is interpreted by Immigration officers, in this instance in Dalaman.
I think the intention of the law is quite clear and follows the Schengen principles as Lynda quotes from KTLN. The visa exists for a period of 180 days, notwithstanding whether you have actually been in the country for 1 or 90 days. That is the period of the visa. Strictly you should not be able to buy another visa until the existing one has expired. To do so you need to leave the country and re enter (just like the previous visa). Otherwise there is no point in having the 180 day period, as it becomes a rolling period if you can just renew when you like.
What we are all waiting to see is what will happen on exiting the country after  any periods less than 90 days, but going over the 180 day period from issue, when a new visa is either not purchased, or cancelled because the old one was still within that 180 days at the time of entry.
Of course what will happen in practice as demonstrated in this post, when trying to buy a new one while the old is still within 180 days is that some immigration officers will turn a blind eye to visa renewal and others will cancel the new visa. But what happens when exiting?
KTLN has indicated that Dalaman immigration officers will not penalise anyone, leaving shortly after the 180 day period. We shall see. As we will be in this exact situation next month I will let you know.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
"What happens if my holiday in Turkey straddles day 180?
This is the big question.  There is much speculation, and little clarity on this question.  We will know for sure on, or shortly after 29th July - 180 days after the first new style visas were first issued."

Now I'm confused. I got my visa on July 3rd and understood it was the new 180 day one. Going back tomorrow so just checked passport and definitely says 180 days on the visa ??? ??? ???

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:51 PM »
itstime, to clarify the 29th July was 180 days after the 1st 180 day visas were issued (1st Feb 2012) so the 1st visas issued would start to expire after the 29th July.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
Thanks hobbo  :)

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
Further to my post on Sept 7th (90/180 day visa overstamped with 90 day validity) I decided to purchase a new visa and see what happened. Nothing happened!
I sailed through with no discussion about the previous visa, so the 90 day overstamp effectively kills off the 180 day visa.
I was so looking forward to my overnight stay in Meis!

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 08:06:18 PM »
Hi
I thought I would update people on my visa experience in September. I arrived at Dalaman with only 7 days left on my 180 day visa (for 14 day holiday) and I just took a chance and bought a new visa and this was stamped as usual.
On departing Dalaman I handed my passport over with the page open on my newest stamped visa. The Officer scanned my passport and then stamped my exit on the oldest visa (which was out of date). I pointed out that he had stamped the wrong visa, and he said dont worry as if you are coming to Turkey next year you can use the new visa.
I decided not to argue and just thanked the Officer and went on my way...
Em

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Visa

Started by don on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post September 17, 2013, 01:54:02 PM
by chickengeorge
xx
E Visa

Started by Anne on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post May 01, 2014, 06:24:17 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
E-VISA

Started by Griffo63 on Flights and Travel

13 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 11:07:40 AM
by Chris_S
xx
new 180 day visa

Started by samson on Flights and Travel

24 Replies
Last post April 03, 2012, 09:44:27 AM
by lijah

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal