Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Too hot?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline simonwg

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Too hot?
« on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Hello
I'm a bit worried about the weather forecast at the moment, with some reports saying it will be 40 degrees! (going to Kalkan this Sunday).
We did research about average temperatures before booking and I wasn't expecting it to be so hot. This is the earliest week we could go as I can't take time off work during college term time.
We have 2 children (4 and 7) and I'm starting to panic we will be stuck in our apartment for the weeK.
Can someone please reassure me there will be shady places to sit?
Thanks.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9659.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Too hot?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »
Yes there will.  All the restaurants have big sun shades and the beach clubs usually have lots of shades too.  The beach umbrellas are however a bit small.  Some of the restaurants also have wonderful fans with mist coming out of them to cool you down.  Then there are shady bits in gardens as well. I never sit in direct sunlight abroad and have never had any trouble keeping cool in Kalkan, even though we normally go in August!! Another tip is to head up the montains for a bit of a cooler experience and a boat trip causes a breeze, but be careful not to sit too long in the sun on the front.  There's usually a shady bit at the back of the boat.   As the mantra says, slip, slop, slap, slide and sip and you should be fine. If you need a translation of that, let me know!!!! Caroline 8) 8) 8)

Offline simonwg

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
Thanks Caroline, I am most reassured now! We are all a bit pale and freckly, I've never had a tan in my life!
By the way my husband wants me to point out I have posted this message logged on and him as he thinks it sounds wimpy and girly  ???
Zoe

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
And here was me being impressed that a man is so caring and sensible about these things!!! Just gos to show doesn't it.  Thanks Zoe,  you'll be fine. Have a great holiday.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:37:52 AM »
Zoe, things have cooled down significantly here.
It has been very hot - about 10 degrees above the average temps for this year - very unusual for June. We've also had rain and thunderstorms - also very unusual for June. We've also had very high humidity - also unusual for June. The end of June beginning of July is generally what I would call hot but not humid, normally. You will always find shade wherever you are staying. There are those protective swimsuits if your young children want to play in the pool/sea - you probably have those already :). I'm sure you will have a great time :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
Hope it has now returned to its usual hot and not humid as we only have 5 sleeps!! >:D

Offline simonwg

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Thanks kalkan4eva.
Yes, we have UV sun suits for the boys, 3 bottles of factor 50 and hats, I'm sure we'll be fine.
It will be lovely to get away from the abysmal UK weather at the moment, no matter how humid it may be in Kalkan. Really excited now!  :)

Offline babyboomer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
Hi Simonwg

i can echo other posts. It is hot but there are plenty of shady area,s with brollies to stay out of direct sun.

A favourite place for my family to go to with their young children, boys of 5 and 7 and little girl of 3yrs, is palm beach club. The reason this is such a great place for us with young ones is because we can "pitch" up right down by the sea but very shallow,with a lilltle beach. Brollies and sunloungers are here and the staff are wonderful and always come down for our orders, plenty of drinks.

the children always have their water shoes on and this gives them stability to play just in the water whilst adults are right there watching from sunloungers, (when we are not sitting in the water also)

in addition there are other shady areas, with hammocks, table tennis bucket seats and of course the great big almost mini bedrooms,just draw the curtains and have a nod, bliss.

If you have not been before and wish to go, you get a water taxi from the harbour at the far end. takes only five minutes.
its a great day and the saff love children, so you will be well looked afterand the children will so enjoy it.

another great place to go is to the trout farm fish restaurants in islammar (not sure about spelling on that. )Loads of resaurants here and much cooler , spectacular views and wonderful inexpensive food.

have a great holiday Am sure you will.

regards. :) :) :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4121
By: Enjoy Kalkan
Day Trip to Meis