Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: we're doomed . . .  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
we're doomed . . .
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: we're doomed . . .
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:29:22 AM »
Came back from Kalkan 2 weeks ago & didn't gain a single pound (never heard of before lol) due to it being very hot & couldn't be bothered to eat most of the time & also the thought of walking up & down the hill to restaurants made us stay in more often.I ususally gain half a stone on holidays & can gain 2 pounds on a weekend. :(

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
I hasten to add that i've put on 2 lbs since returning as i'm depression eating with this weather.Rain every day since we got back. :'(

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
Hi Honey, did the same thing back in May.  Still trying to lose the holiday weight now.  I have 5½ weeks before we go again to shrink back.  As you say the UK weather is not helping.

Jo

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
Same here! Pigging out on chocolate since we got back in June because of the weather, (that's my excuse and i'm stickng to it!!), will soon go into total panic about getting into my bikini again in Sep!(as i'm writing this i'm munching on a battenburg cake! No hope is there! ::)
Nicky

Offline amberpop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
Utter rubbish!!!! I have been to Turkey 6 times, will be our 1st in Kalkan in Sept (really, really looking forward to it), and have put weight on but believe you me cruises are the worst holidays for putting weight on I know through experience. Brilliant hols though!!! :P

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
Came back Monday I always lose weight what with the heat and I'm not a huge eater anyway and I'm not snacking but eating lots and lots of fruit and salad instead. My OH has put on weight as he eats huge meals out there and can't resist the mezes as well and of course there's the copious amounts of Efes he downs when we're there too  ::) We're on holidays so what!! Only saying last night he has to try to get his belly down but not until after the weekend as he probably will be on the Indian takeaway tonight LOL!!

Offline magic3

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
I would take the weight again - if anyone actually does gain! - as I great reason to travel to Turkey. The last time I went to Spain I got salmonella and was so sick I was referred to envoirnmental health by my GP when I returned to the UK. I lost a lot of weight in a very unpleasant manner!! Give me tasty, fresh Kalkan food everytime,  ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »
Totally agree with you I eat far more healthily there than at home, practically live on the gorgeous fresh fruit, you can't get that in Tesco's.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
As I said previously, I eat far more healthily in Kalkan. We always take a trip to Kinek market the first week and buy loads of fresh fruit and veg. Instead of scoffing toast loaded with butter and jam, sugar loaded cereal, bacon butties or full English at weekends I enjoy fresh bread bought that morning and local honey accompanied by a banana and lots of fresh chilled orange juice. I eat that much fruit there that I almost get withdrawal when we get home as then I've got no looks on supermarket fruit and salad it just doesn't taste the same especially tomatoes everything just seems to be tasteless in comparison. Even my OH who hates fruit eats more healthily there as he likes making his own Turkish breakfast, nothing fried or fatty in sight and he eats far more salads than at home, we especially enjoy fresh tuna salad down the harbour, he would never dream of eating that at home. So if holidaying in Turkey is bad for your diet well I'll eat my hat, no pun intended, LOL!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »
Although I agree that the wonderful food in Kalkan is very healthy and the fruit and veg is amazing.....sadly I just eat way too much when I'm on holiday.....I never eat bread at home but can't resist when I'm away and then there is the lovely ice cream from Fener, baklava, cheese borek.....I could go on......and that's before I mention the wine, cocktails etc etc.....so sadly I have to agree with the article.....3 weeks back and I'm still trying to galvanise myself into losing the weight I put on in Kalkan ready for what I hope is delicious Turkish food in Istanbul in October!  ::)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
I have said before that it makes you realise what rubbish we are sold by the supermarkets you only have to see the size and vibrant colours of the market stalls and the greengrocer shop in kalkan... in the Uk everything has been chilled, gamma rayed and pesticided to an inch of it's life and if you don't eat your cucumber before you leave the car park it will turn to mush. ::)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:03:50 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal