Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: locking topics  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
locking topics
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
How sad that people are not allowed to share/express their disgust'feelings regarding the "new posioning incident" there are many subjects on this forum that are re-discussed/visited

Isis

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9758.0

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Re: locking topics
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
Totally agree with your opinion - we can have three pages of totally inane chat about "who ate what, where and when", who is wearing football shirts and what team do you support and so on - ad nauseam > >:D >:D:D   Ah ha, the powers that be do not like real opinions expressed, may I suggest the definition of "forum" is being ignored in this context >:D >:D >:D >:D  If you want to lock this reply, I do not think I will lose much sleep over it, I believe in a democratic society :) :) :) :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:46 AM »
No plans to lock this however as mentioned the threads that without fail get the most moderation complaints to the EK Team are dog threads which have already been discussed many times. By definition of the number of complaints received means many members prefer not to see the discussion, thus we go with the majority to maintain a balance on the forum for all members.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
Whilst I appreciate that this topic has been discussed many times, the issue however distasteful it is to some people, is unfortunately current news in Kalkan - whatever medium do the poor dogs have to raise the profile of this awful crime?
 I would hope that by raising the profile of this case it may be resolved.   If people dont want to read or hear any more about it, they should ignore the post. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »
we can have three pages of totally inane chat about "who ate what, where and when", who is wearing football shirts and what team do you support and so on - ad nauseam > >:D >:D:D

Oh dear....this is a little bit insulting, maryjane., particularly to those, myself included, who post on these "inane" subjects. I'm horrified that another dog has been poisoned and members may wish to express their disgust but this forum is essentially about people's experiences of Kalkan. I'm sorry that people's views on anything other than the poisoned dogs bores you ::)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
You took the words right out of my mouth K4E. I too am disgusted and horrified with the latest events but the site is called "enjoy Kalkan" and I for one love hearing about everyone's experiences, good or bad, plus, people who have never been to Kalkan before actually gain a great deal of information from "inane" posts eg good restaurants, places to visit and what kind of budget is needed. I might post a load of twaddle sometimes, but my heart is in the right place and I have respect for everyone who posts on here, whether I agree or disagree with their posts. I'm not suggesting either, that all posts should only reflect the good points of Kalkan, merely that we should not dismiss the lighthearted posts as "inane", to me they are just as valuable as any other subject discussed on this forum!!!!  ::) >:( :o

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 10:41:38 AM »
I appreciate that EK does not want it to decend into a slanging match as others have, but this is sadley current. It will remind people to be vigilant, and helps to show that people are outraged. I was not putting down any other threads, nor would I. I just think members should be able to make make their own minds up as to what to read/respond to.
Isis

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »
I join in with plenty of 'inane' discussions.  I've seen plenty of people complaining about those 'xx sleeps till Kalkan!' threads but no-one has to read them if they don't want to.  Every couple of days someone else asks 'Where is good for breakfast?' or 'Which is the best restaurant?' and it descends into a lengthy discussion.  If I'm at a loose end, I'll read all the posts, if I've not got much time to spare, I'll ignore them.

Likewise, with emotive topics like the dogs, if I know something is going to upset me or wind me up, I will avoid it.  People don't have to read every single post on a forum so I don't see why threads should be locked or removed unless there is something seriously offensive (eg racist or abusive comments) or perhaps at risk of being illegal in there.

I don't take offence at Maryjane or anyone else calling posts 'inane' though. Lots of them ARE kind of inane and repetitive but I have no shame in enjoying them because I like reading about Kalkan when I'm not there :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 06:49:17 AM »
Popps,

Due to recent posts we have had to increase our moderation as mentioned in the announcements section. It is not something we want to do but is something we have to do. Obviously the amount of moderation depends on the posts of members so consider what we do reactionary.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
locking topics

Started by jfm on Buying A Property & Real Estate

9 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 09:10:17 PM
by itstime
xx
Unread topics

Started by helen1 on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post May 25, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
by helen1
thumbup
Making life easier - Sharing and Similar Topics

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post September 26, 2018, 09:15:49 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm Brewing

Views: 3565
By: Buster
Villa Safran