Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Remember Tapestry Holidays?  (Read 18281 times)

Offline kele

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Remember Tapestry Holidays?
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
We were chatting with friends a couple of nights ago in Moonlight, and the topic of Tapestry Holidays came up. It was Tapestry who originally introduced us to Kalkan. We think they had hotels like the Regency, Asfiya, Oasis, Kalamar, and Pirat on their books among others.
Our friends suggested that it was really Tapestry who put Kalkan on the map with UK package holiday consumers, they had had great times staying at the Asfiya, and suggested we try it too. We’ve never looked back.
When we ate in the restaurants many of the front of house staff would not just ask us where we were staying but who we were ‘with’.
We now know that Tapestry Hols has sunk almost without trace, it’s certainly nothing like the all Kalkan conquering company it once was. Yeah, we’ve got Exclusive Escapes……but who really needs concierge services?
So our questions to the forum are these, do people still go on ‘packages’ to Kalkan, if so with whom? Does anyone miss the niche services and innovations that Tapestry offered? Or have we all bought apartments or villas now of our own thanks to a small extent to Tapestry?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9686.0
You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Remember Tapestry Holidays?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
Tapestry introduced us to Kalkan back in 2002 when we stayed at the Mina (now Emir) aparthotel. Back in those days you got a free towel, free boat trip and a nice rep.  We stayed with Simply Travel via Thomson once at Vine Grove House and the service was far beneath Tapestry standards.   We arrived very late at night and the taxi driver didn't have a clue where the house was!  The rep had to pass the Moonlight bar at 11pm in her pyjamas to show us where it was (not the best look!).  Those were the days!  We now do it all independently and don't have to go to the first day "welcome" do to sell us trips we don't want.  Much easier altogehter!

Offline Shambo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:50:43 PM »
You'll be glad to know that Tapestry Holidays has been reborn as The Discerning Collection, with basically the same people in the office in London, and the same staff over here, and the same hotels, and hopefully the same service!  And you even get a complimentary towel as in the old days - plus great reps!

I think that people do still want the package holiday, it's a lot easier for someone else to make all the arrangements, quite   often for a similar price as doing it yourself.  In addition, it's good to know that if anything goes wrong, you have someone to help you, rather than having to deal with it all yourself.  No one is forced to go to the welcome, or forced to buy trips they don't want, just a very relaxed attitude all round.

Take a look at their website www.discerningcollection.com

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
I emailed the discerning collection the other day and asked a question about an apartment.  I got a pone call straight back within two minutes and the lady I spoke to was very knowledgeable about Kalkan I have to say! Didn't realise they are the same people as Tapetry and will bear that in mind for next year.  :laugh: :) :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
We also first went to Kalkan about 8 or 9 years ago with Tapestry and stayed in Kalkan Tepe which at the time were the highest villas in Kalkan......now surrounded by many more! Then travelled 3 times with Simply to the Korsan apartments and were very well looked after but mostly by the lovely people who run the Korsan. Since then we have travelled independently and don't feel the need for a package......maybe if we were going somewhere a little more off the beaten track in the future.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:56 AM »
We found Kalkan through Taperstry beginning of the 1990's, stayed at the Yelken, the 2 male reps were fantastic, one a young Brit male the other a young Turkish male who had lived in the UK, The Yelken was superb & the  family, pleased to say that some are still about.  Great service.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
Our first trip to Kalkan was with Tapestry many years ago and we stayed at Caretta Caretta.It was a wonderful holiday and made us fall in love with the place.Now we live in Kalkan and I holiday in the UK!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
tapestry holidays

Started by baggies on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post January 22, 2008, 08:01:09 AM
by kalkankiki
xx
Oasis Hotel part of the Tapestry collection

Started by clarborough on Accommodation and Hotels

27 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 08:15:30 AM
by belinda
xx
Do you remember your first time?!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post August 17, 2008, 07:04:48 PM
by Kalkan regular
recycled
Remember to introduce yourselves

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 10:53:15 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal