Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gourmet terrace our number 1 out of three at the moment  (Read 3764 times)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
been to our 3 favourite restaurants so far since arriving on Saturday. mussakka at the harbour  as usual excellent service and food even though we had no sleep from travelling everything was as good as usual although only had chicken parmesan and OH had Moussaka as we were not so hungry being so tired so can't really compare that to the other 2 yet we will be having steaks no doubt there later in the holiday. Sunday we went to kalamaki which again was gorgeous everything impeccable and with such beautil surroundings it is definitely on our must visit list always, I had chicken taglietelle with spices etc and it was packed with flavours and served in a very modern bowl which seemed never ending, OH had grilled salmon with spices served on a pea puree he said it was amazing too. However last night we went to Gourmet terrace which we visited couple of times last year too but this season they have definitely cranked it all up to a whole new level the service was impeccable and the food well what can I say I will try and do it justice I had "who let the chickens out" love the name of the dish anyway but it was chicken breast stuffed with grilled vegetables  and a demi glaze sauce served with spring onion mash and honestly it was so beautiful i was not wanting it to end next time tho I am going to ask for more demi glaze sauce as it was amazing, OH had spinach soup which turned out to be quite funny as Sakir knows he always loves the onion soup but he want to take that off the menu so he said he was going to prepare him a special soup of "Spanish soup" or that is what my husband thought he said so we had a good laugh when we realised the translation was spinach soup I thought it would be odd for turkish to be making Spanish soup, anyhow he had for main taglietelle with strips of beef whith spices and herbs which he said was beautiful. what with the free bread rolls , sushi and wasabi (HOT) we had no room for dessert but for sure I am going to have one when we return on saturday night. Cannot express enough this place is sooooo worth a try even if you go nowhere else in kalkan. Tonight we are trying the new one Agora so will see how that fairs up as i have read good reports about it so we will see.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9640.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Gourmet terrace our number 1 out of three at the moment
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:15:41 PM »
Great report Chrissy and sounds like you re having delectable meals.  Keep em coming - I am particularly interested in Agora as I've heard it's fab.  Also, want to try Escudo.  Maybe you could do all the ones I want to try and then report back so that I don't get any duds. ;D ;D ;D  Have an amazing time. Caroline  :)

Offline dancing ninja

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »
Sounds fab at the Gourmet Chrissy , could you let me know what sort of price you paid for your meal? Thanks :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:56:50 PM »
Will do in fact caroline we are going to try escudo either thursday or Sunday it was quite busy in there last night. Yeah dancingninja we had 1 starter 2 mains 1 beer, bottle house white (which was palatable) and bill was 125 Lira cheap as chips for the quality of the food all around the same price for the high end restaurants i think but you could do it cheaper if necessary i find its the starters and desserts that bump the bill up, sometimes starters are nearly as dear as a main course, hope that helps.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
Sounds lovely chrissy1. We still haven't got around to trying gourmet terrace yet so definitely on the to do list this year. I really want to try the chocolate avalanche that was recommended to me last year. Do they still do ths desert?
Have a wonderful holiday and please keep the reports coming!!!

Offline dancing ninja

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Thank you Chrissy the Gourmet is mow on my list for August . :)

Offline dancing ninja

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
Sorry(now) :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
Hi Chrissy - so jealous and so wish we were sitting at Gourmet!!  Say hi to Sakir and all the team from keith & Rachel.  We've booked for May/June and Sept/Oct next year, so maybe we'll get to meet at last?

have a fabulous time  :D

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Did Escudo twice whilst we were there, will do full report over next couple of days, might be quite boring i'm afraid as apart from a boat trip it's all about eating and drinking!!!
Nicky

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
Sounds like my ideal holiday Nicky!  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 07:16:55 PM »
Yes and mine.  ;D ;D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 06:39:19 AM »
Same here we haven't even managed a boat trip yet  :) went to Agora Tues night and was very pleasantly surprised the food was really good and the service too, you cannot compare it to the likes of what i would call the top end restaurants but we dont want to eat rich fancy food every night and what we had was really really nice and we are going back Sunday. OH had chicken livers to start which he said were lovely, I had chicken suprprise for main which was grilled chicken on grilled potatoes with pea puree it was delicious and presented really nice, OH had chicken curry which I think I might have next time it was so good. And for all the ladies out there if you go here you must try the apricot pudding (the house specialty) it is to die for I have to say one of the best desserts I have ever had and I am not even a big fan of apricots but it sounds daft it didnt taste of apricots it was like having a very light but ever so tasty sticky toffee pudding and i scoffed the lot and the ice cream it came with honestly please try if you like puddings. To Escudo tonight so will let you know how that goes - the little man on the door stopped me yesterday cos he has already seen the thread on here and asked me "is that you" so I think they terrified for tonight but hey at least they will be on the ball you would hope watch this space!!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 11:28:27 AM »
Thanks Chrissy - even more determined to go there now.  Look forward to Escudo report tomorrow.  They'll be quaking in their boots!! Caroline ::) :o ;D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
Hi all went to Escudo on Thursday nice setting nice staff and food was lovely Eric had fish cakes to start he liked them but were too fishy for me (if that makes sense) and a bit spicey. I had chicken baked in the oven which is similar to a chicken casserole in a pot servid with rice which I have to say was delicious. OH had chicken mustard which he enjoyed but i tasted and thought it too creamy for me but thats just my taste i guess. service was good although i have to say not much atmosphere and as it is such a small area the tables are very very close together so u felt you had to whisper in conversation but that is just my opinion some people may prefer it like that. one other thing i thought for a small restaurant the house wine was expensive in comparison to most places it was 35Lira for a Lykia dry white. All in all it was a nice evening but for me i prefer not to be so cramped but i wish the boys well as they are lovely.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
That's very interesting Chrissy as most people have rqved about it.  Better keep an open mind then! Cx ??? :D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:49 AM »
Yeah Caroline you can only try it for yourself as everyone is different but do give it a try, be interested to hear what you think, have to say though been back to kalamaki and Gourmet since and they were both still as fabulous especially Gourmet Eric had fillet of sea bass poached with a mild curry and garlic sauce (new for this year) and he said it was amazing, I had who let the chickens out again with extra demi glaze sauce it was gorgeous and when in kalamaki I had salmon fillet with pea puree absolutely fantastic.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:12 AM »
Hi Chrissy - we had exactly the same feeling about Escudo - lovely guys and food (their imam bayaldi is superb) - but too many tables crammed together.  There was far more space when Sevilay ran it as Maya, but then she was a one woman show!  I know they need to maximise the number of covers, but it does mean no privacy or intimacy!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »
eeek we've booked for tonight...will let you know what we think :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 02:34:11 PM »
Escudo is cramped , i guess being such a small space they have to get as many tables in as they can but both times we were there we got chatting to the tables next to us and had a couple of good conversations with fellow Kalkan lovers!! It's interesting how people have different experiences of the restaurants, we had 2 fabulous meals at Kosk and as you know from my report we chose to have our last night there but Peterwilka said he wouldn't go back there. Different restaurants pull you back  don't they for whatever reason, as i said in my report about The Nar, we had a beautiful meal and the service was very good but it wouldn't draw us back whereas like Chrissy, Kalamaki is one we always go back to.
Hope you enjoy it Kalkan4eva!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gourmet Terrace Restaurant

Started by KalkanKat on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

19 Replies
Last post November 01, 2011, 10:25:37 AM
by Enişte
xx
Sakir and Gourmet Terrace Restaurant

Started by chrissy1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post June 06, 2012, 06:23:59 PM
by chrissy1
thumbup
Gourmet Restaurarnt - FANTASTIC new Restaurant!! (was Ibo's Terrace)

Started by EESB on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post July 28, 2011, 10:11:07 AM
by Leigh
xx
Sorry but I am having a blonde moment!

Started by Bee on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 12, 2010, 07:58:35 PM
by Anne

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Sandy and Dave

Views: 659
By: blondie
In the pool