Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Kirbylee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi everyone
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
Hi, well i have been reading this forum for two years now since our first visit to kalkan and decided it was about time i registered. We loved Kalkan but decided to holiday in Dalayan last year which was fab but not half as nice as Kalkan. We have never been back to the same holiday destination before, but we r this year, 4 wks to go and im so excited, Kalkan here we come. I just hope it lives up to our first fantastic visit. We stayed at the Sameria Deluxe apartments last time, which we are doing again this year. But If anyone can recommend other apartments (for next year) which have a lovely pool, gardens and friendly staff and maybe not too many children around, that would be good. We do love children but i work in a school, so a break from the noise, etc would be most welcoming. Also some recommendations of some good new restaurants would be fab. Thanks. :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9586.0

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:41 PM »
Hi Kirbylee, I recommend Han Inn apartments - beautiful garden, huge pool, very few children (or none when we went) and the pool is only used by two apartmetns and a villa so usually you have it to yourselves.  On the same site is Kilim Cottage, and all are on the holiday rentals website. I work in schools as well so know the importance of children being seen and not heard!  The other apartments which are nice are Nur, Emir, or Elite.  All worth googling!  Happy hunting.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:32:25 PM »
Hi Kirbylee
Welcome to the forum. Took you a while to contribute, but now that you have, we're sure you will get sucked in by it!  ::)

We've not visited yet this year, but there have been several recommended restaurants this season, including as Escudo, Sade, Agora, Adam's Place, Meydan Adana and the Moonlight Terrace.

We know what you mean about children as we both work in a school and a college. It's sometimes nice to get away from them when you work with them all year!  ???

Obviously can't comment about apartments as we're owners of one!  ;D ... but hope you find all the things you're looking for in your search.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:41:00 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:15 PM »
We've stayed at the Han Inn complex....go for the apartments and not the villas.....and also Truffle, Korsan and Mediterranean....would recommend all of them but I think that you will always encounter families with children if you travel in the school holidays. We stayed at Truffle in August a couple of years ago and the pool was often quite in the mornings and late afternoon.....we find the best way not to be overrun with children is to go to beaches/beach clubs during the day.....happy hunting!

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »
Certainly very few if any children at the Mahal Beach Club!!!!

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »
For couples I would say The Meldi Hotel. small and friendly. Yuo need to book direct and they will pick you up from the airport. We are out there again in 2 weeks for the  8th time.

Offline Kirbylee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »
Hi all,
Thank you all for your comments and recommendations. I will get googling asap for the apartments/restaurants you have all mentioned. The Mahal Beach Club sounds perfect, last time we stayed in Kalkan we never tried the beach clubs, how do you go about it, finding them, getting there etc, they sound great if too noisy around our apartment pool. The Mahal Beach Clubs sounds perfect, do you know how much it cost? Also can any one recommend any good jewellers, need a ring dipped as its gone discoloured and would also like to buy my daughter a 18th birthday pressie, i always worry when i buy jewellery abroad.
Cheers  :-*

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
Mahal beach club - get the little Mahal boat from the harbour usually about 10am-7pm - captain is Yusuf and he is v cool!  8) Costs about 30 lira for the sunbeds and the boys wait on you hand and foot for refreshments etc.  We usually stay all day with a fab lunch, wine and all the trimmings and reckon to pay about £70-90 for the whole day for two all inclusive - it is top of the range pricewise but so is the experience!  Not sure about the jewelley aspect, but there is a guy near the harbour who has a jewellery workshop, plus a few in town I think  My husband makes jewellery and I think it would be good value for this type of repair compared to UK.  Hope this helps SX  :)

Offline Annette and Nick

• Nick and Annette
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
Hi,
I just wanted to say that myself and my partner have stayed at the Hann Inn Complex for the last 3 years and it is like a Moroccan Riad. The apartments look down on a pool and garden with the option of shade/sun. There are in total probably around 10 apartments/villas which are privately owned/rented. Brilliant setting and very close to all amenities. We would be there again this year if we had not purchased our own apartment. :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

June 2011 Holiday

Views: 2862
By: hodstar
Mountain stream