Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easyjet  (Read 15546 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Easyjet
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »
i have just run a drive cleaner prog through my computer and clicked back onto Easyjet..the prices are still coming up double what they were a few days ago..with the exception of wednesdays when it''s £174 one way and £59 extra to come back plus airport taxes and add ons(they charge £15 for taking a flight bag on board!!).. i have mailed there technical services dept to ask if this cookie thing is indeeed what they do >:D....whats the betting i don''t get an answer?
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »
Hi,

Personally I cant see Easyjet using a cookie approach to change flight prices as this would be too easy to detect and would cause outrage and adverse publicity. The quick way to find out is to have two web browsers on your pc - perhaps Internet Explorer and Firefox, open the easyjet page in one browser to save a cookie to that session, then close and re-open that "cookied" browser. Then open the easyjet page in the other browser that has not as yet received the cookie and see if there is a price difference - Cookies are unique per browser not per computer :)

Much more likely is they use pixel technology that monitors your mouse movements irrelevant if you have visited the site before and been cookied. Pixel technology allows a site to determine if you are an impulsive or repeat customer - ie straight to the book button, or one that scans the website and flight destinations before making a decision, for example you book based on price with no initial preference of location or dates. I know some airlines auto adjust their prices based upon time of day, for example the prices are slightly (approx £5 per seat) higher during 12-2 when people are often looking at the internet whilst on lunch break at work, or from 6-9, again another good time for an audience looking at holidays.

One little tip that may interest you, always look to book flights after midnight and before 6am if you can as you will often see the adjusted prices based upon the previous days sales (which can work both ways) Another trick is to look when a big football match is on as web traffic is generally lower then so prices are incentivised.

Hope that helps a bit, for interest have a look at the EnjoyKalkan usage patterns and you will soon see what I mean!

Jon

Offline chinacat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: -1
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »
Thanks everyone - what a mine of information.  My partner and I had a wholly grim experience with Onur over the new year period and would have to be press-ganged into flying with them again.  Broken seats that don''t recline - both ways, surly unhelpful and largely ''silent'' staff, who don''t either acknowledge or apologise for lateness (over an hour both in and out), no inflight entertainment other than some rather unpleasant droning music (James Last plays Abba?) which you cannot switch off and no food - not even at an additional cost.  Shame on them, providing a cut price service for an over-priced ticket.  They also appear to ''pad out'' their flying timetable - scheduling the flight to take 4 hours and 20 minutes as opposed to the normal ''less than 4''.  And don''t get me on to Dalaman airport  . . . . . Ho Hum.  Fortunately the new year break itself was delightful. 

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
Trevor, so sorry  to hear your sad tale re Onur Air over New Year.  We have flown with them 3 times now and can''t say they are any worse than some of the others.  We flew with them on 21st Dec this year and although there was a 5hr delay at least we flew, Easyjet cancelled approx 6 flights that we heard  over the tannoy that evening. We find that the leg room on their aircraft is slightly more, and as it was an evening flight (later night flight) we were ready for shut eye anyway, our seats were quite comfy and the cabin clean & tidy & our seats reclined no probs.
 The cabin crew do vary in their attitude must admit, some were quite cheery others not so, but when you are trying to sleep who cares.

Our return was better for time, only 20mins delay and the cabin crew just fine, they did however have problems with their new prices for snacks etc since they have done away with the inflight meal & we were updated by the Captain re route etc.  Still we only paid £100 each return including all taxes so feel we did quite well.  Pleased to hear your New Year was good, as was our Christmas one.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline AL2015

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
Hi, I have checked flights with GB Airways (British Airways) and they will only take bookings to Dalaman until 29th March 2008. They have sold the Gatwick to Dalaman  route to EasyJet, who will take over from GB Airways on this date. This information is published on the GB Airways web page. If you have booked with GB Airways (British Airways) then your flights will be the same times etc, but you will fly with Easyjet instead of British Airways after 29th March 2008.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
I''ve received an email from BA re. my 1st May flight with GB Airways, inviting me to get the most out of flying with BA! No mention of Easyjet. When are we going to get any proper information about the sale?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »
yes it''s very annoying ,but not surprising...i phoned and the person that answered didn''t even know about a takeover of routes!! ::) perhaps after the 31 jan they may be a bit more clued up...

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »
This whole fiasco has just been featured on BBC Watchdog. People who have paid for up-grades will not get a refund, despite the law saying they should.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 08:48:13 PM »
i saw that..it''s disgraceful that BA are still selling club class knowing that Easyjet are a budget airline and don''t have club class!! it''s also disgraceful how both airlines are treating passengers...not refunding money taken under false pretences >:(

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 07:01:50 AM »
What a very pompous person that Easyjet director was, customer care - I don''t think so >:(

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
littlelin
Unfortunately you are right. Clever these computer people aren''t they? It makes people nervous and pressures them.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
i am led to believe that the sale of GB (BA)airways routes to Easyjet completes tomorrow (midnight?).....wonder what will happen next!! ::)

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
i am led to believe that the sale of GB (BA)airways routes to Easyjet completes tomorrow (midnight?).....wonder what will happen next!! ::)

The email confirming my easy jet flight in September has just arrived. No time changes & 1 free piece of luggage. That''s fine by me. I''m not really too worried about the loss of a meal on a 4 hour flight - I can make up for it when I''m in Kalkan & will need to slim when I leave anyhow!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
not worried about a meal..just don''t want a change of times as other arrangements get affected!! glad your sorted! ;)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
Reading the text of the notice makes me very suspicious of a time change - it states date and airport are unchanged but no mention of times.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »
My confirmation email from easy jet states the times which are the same as the original BA flight I booked.  I feel quite happy about it all - apart from the fact that it is 7 months + until I return to Kalkan!  ;D

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 06:55:34 PM »
I''ve just received a email from BA informing me that my flights in May have been cancelled. Again, no mention of Easyjet taking over the flights. It scared the life out of me for a minute! The email could have been worded differently. I''ve still not received anything from Easyjet.

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »
I wonder if I got my email from easy jet quite quickly ''cos my surname starts with an ''A'' ?

Hope you hear soon.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »
at last...we have had our confirmation today,,it was booked in my other halfs name which begins with B..Hope you hear soon!! ;)

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »
Having heard nothing from Easyjet, but twice been notified by BA of the cancellation of my GB flights, I phoned Easyjet this morning. After holding on for only 30 minutes, I now have a booking reference with Easyjet. The girl I spoke with confirmed that the hold baggage allowance is only 20kg. Easyjet''s website said that it would honour GB''s allowance of 23kg but has since changed to 20kgs. I can see lots of arguments at check-in.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

wink
Easyjet

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

23 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 08:28:45 AM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Easyjet

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 09, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Easyjet

Started by Kalkan regular on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post August 31, 2009, 01:14:21 AM
by alantj
xx
easyJet

Started by kalkan4eva on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post April 02, 2012, 04:26:41 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal