Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flaming June  (Read 22111 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Flaming June
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
Some of you may be aware of how much I've been looking forward to our holiday in Kalkan.... ::)

The night before we left, BH decided to calibrate the hand-held weight we use to weigh our cases with a 9kg kettlebell - it didn't actually fit onto the hook and promptly fell (from considerable height at speed) directly onto my foot :o I didn't swear, basically because I couldn't breathe....then after an instant I wailed like a child :-[

After an hour of sitting with said foot wrapped in a bag of frozen cranberries some movement returned so we at least knew no bones were broken but I couldn't stand on it and walking was impossible :( :( The next day, departure day, I made the decision we were going to Kalkan. I found a single pair of sandals that could accomodate the swollen foot and hobbled my way around two airports.

Now we are here, the sun is shining and life is good. I can't walk without a stick (and can't do that very well) and its taking me hours to get in and out of town, but I have all the time in the world :) I miss our daily power walks and have massive sympathy for anyone with permanent mobility problems tackling these uneven pavements and steep gradients. I have my fastjel (thanks Rachey), walking stick and BH is waiting on me hand and foot ;) Could have stayed at home and been miserable instead....hmmm

I aim to be back in my blingy sandals bag shopping by next week, so watch this space...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9570.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Flaming June
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
Ouch!  Well if you stayed home you would still be hobbling around, at least your foot is dry in Kalkan, because it's still blinking miserable here - and on the plus side, your BH is at your beck and call!

I prescribe plenty of G&T's (with lime), Efes, Lal and cocktails to ease the pain.

Have a great time.  How long are you there for?
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »
 :o :o you poor thing! A bottle of Lal and a lovely new handbag are prescribed by Dr Itstime ;)

Seriously though, hope it feels better very soon. Take care

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »
Hi K4E - what a shame, still you couldn't be in a nicer garden and presumably you can swim if you use the steps carefully?! I know how it feels slogging up from town as I have arthritis in both hips - and that's why we had to move from there as I couldn't cope with that last bit up the hill!  Last year, I found the taxi drivers were really sympathetic even though we were only staying near the White House.  The stick makes a difference.  I hope you haven't broken your foot - I went to Yalikavak for a change (stupidly) a couple of years ago and broke it very easily on the last day.  Didn't know it was broken till I had an x-ray when we got back.  Might be worth seeing if the new local medical centre has an x-ray machine?  It's only round the corner from you and the doc there is brilliant.  Hope you don't bump into any spiders - make the most of  OH waiting on you - not far to go to get the requisite refreshments as prescribed by Turkeyfan - get well soon!   :) :o By the way, can you take your own booze up to Oz Adana????  SXX

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
Oh no....poor you! Still as everyone says better to be in pain in Kalkan than wet and windy England! I had a lovely restful holiday once with a broken foot.....but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
K4E's foot is a sight to see  :o. Looks so sore. Hopefully the fastjel will speed up the healing process - along with swims in the pool. So good to meet you at last!  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:53:48 PM »
I am guessing fastjel is a sort of healing cream but could you elaborate please what it is for and where you buy it, hoping yr foot gets better soon K4E and have a great holiday.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 06:17:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about your accident Kalkan4eva - hope the foot recovers soon.   In the meantime enjoy the scenery, food and drink and Kalkan sunshine.

I am about to go and weigh our suitcases with a hand held scale.   Am now getting rather nervous.......

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
Fastjel is a painkilling/swelling reducing cream. This time last year I twisted my ankle badly on the way through the car park by the taxi rank. Later discovered I'd torn the tendons on the top of my foot really badly. Numptie. My lovely OH went to the pharmacy and explained and he came back with an elasticated bandage and fastjel. Found it far more effective than either ibuleve or voltarol. You can get it at any of the pharmacies here. In fact I'll be getting some tomorrow to replenish my first aid kit at home!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Oh, poor you K4E, hope you recover soon. I remember last year when my OH did his back in, how awful it is to have an injury just before you set off on your hols. I'm sure you will both have a fab holiday despite the pain!!! K
Looking forward to your reports and escapades and take care!! ps I have 2 very dodgy knees, I'm only in my 40's and told by my orthopaedic consultant that I need both knees replaced but cant have them done until im at least in my mid fifties, so I know how challenging Kalkan is for the less able. Do what you can, within your limitations and you'll be fine. Drink lots of bombay sapphire and enjoy your hols. X

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
Thanks everyone...your get well wishes have certainly cheered me up :)
Confined to barracks at the minute....probably slightly over optimistic to think I'd be skipping around Kalkan in my blingy sandals next week ::) ::)
So lovely to meet Rachey after tipping up at the same places for the last few years - her excellent tip about fastjel is really helping. BH, let out of the doghouse temporarily, is now on first name terms and the Christmas card list of the Pharmacist. I have a range of lotions and tablets that appear to be doing the trick - albeit not as fast as I like.
Can think of worse places to be...
We're here until 25th June, so plenty of time to get back on (both) my feet.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »
Pls get fit, K4E, or else, "we're coming to get you!"

Cheers

Steve

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
...if you're coming to get me can you bring some paella ;D ;D ;D

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

We're here until 25th June, so plenty of time to get back on (both) my feet.

We arrive on 24th so will look out for you and your flip-flops - diamonte or otherwise!

Offline Ryss

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:38 PM »
sorry to hear about your injury K4E - I do hope you get better soon so that you can get up to your holiday activities. ahh, but with picturesque kalkan to look over, and being waited on hand and foot, what else can a girl ask for during her recovery time?!  :D
get well soon!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
Managed to get into town last night ;D ;D....time off for good behaviour ::)
The stick is more of a hindrance than a help and it certainly doesn't go with any of my outfits. Only made it as far as Moonlight then thought we'd wander down slowly and see where the mood took as - I was flagging by the time we got to Merkez but there was a table for two that could have been reserved for us and BH made a beeline for it. After dinner I got a new lease of life and headed straight into BSG and the new Need leather store next door. The K4E bag fund will be substantial this trip thanks to my compensation claim from BH (he settled out of court ;)) so I am going to take my time and choose well. Avoid the Louboutins (shoes) though, ladies....not good copies :P
Today, feeling even better, we decided to head off around a few supermarkets to buy a cool bag. I've ditched the stick and as a result I'm actually walking better. We did visit practically every supermarket, albeit at a snails pace, and the hardware store - which is now under the vets having moved from Kalamar Road and came back empty handed. BH thinks he might be able to fashion one using my Longchamps tote.....erm don't think so :laugh: :laugh:
Feeling more like my old self every day... :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
You'll be skipping up and down those hill sin your blingy flip flops before you know it!  :laugh:

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend - albeit slowly - I think there might be a place up on the D400 roundabout next to the electricity shop that sells that sort of stuff - can't promise though.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »
Excellent news K4E isn't it amazing the healing powers of the promise of a new bag :D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »
Only made it as far as Moonlight ....

Yes, I think we saw you on the Moonlight web cam.
Was that you sporting the 'bling' walking stick?   :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Va Va June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

32 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Cant wait for June

Started by LancashireLass on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

21 Replies
Last post January 21, 2014, 07:35:13 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
June is busting out all over.....

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

74 Replies
Last post August 18, 2013, 07:27:08 PM
by littlelin
xx
Weather in June

Started by Beckolars on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2019, 08:11:32 AM
by cleworthallray

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal