Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Day One: "Come Away with Me"  (Read 4255 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Day One: "Come Away with Me"
« on: June 09, 2012, 08:28:59 AM »
At 8.57am I could stand it no more, the strength of sun was making its way through 2 layers of curtains and there over the edge of the Master Bedroom balcony was That View again.  No longer pretty lights, with the flourescent cream gash of the D400 cutting off the village from the mountainside, but orchards, villas, a sea like a mill pond - and a completely cloudless sky.

I wandered down the marble staircase and out onto the patio and stuck my toe in the pool. Isn't that what we all do? It passed the toe test. Put the kettle on and made the first pot of tea, pressed play on the already-loaded CD player and sat back with That View.

It was Norah Jones.....

Come away with me in the night
Come away with me
And I will write you a song
Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us.....

Down below and over to the left, the pool of the Sun Elite Apartments was throwing back shafts of brilliant light - and so many memories of our holiday there last year.

Memories - you can't get them on demand with your credit card, can you? Nonetheless, they are there to treasure.

I poured another cup of tea, only this time with a Morrison's Digestive Finger (a sure sign we are on holiday), pressed the re-wind button - and just soaked up That View.

Go on, come away with me....
Steve

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9569.0
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:57:46 AM by antler »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Day One: "Come Away with Me"
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
welcome back, Antler :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
Three cheers folks.   Antler's latest Kalkan blog has begun on Day One.    Keep them coming Antler, I'm looking forward to gazing out over the bay very soon myself.   But I don't dip a toe in to test the water - I put my hand in first.   My hand can take the shock better than my foot if the water is still a little chilly.   Should be wonderful by now though - have you had you first swim yet?

Offline tillymint143

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »
oh good... its started...... something fun to read ..... I love this. I am sitting in the living room.. poured first coffee... that view...looking out of my window into the garden... its p-----g down ....

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:46:33 AM »
Aaaahhh just what the doctor ordered some great Antler blogs to read and get me through the last 6 days before we return to paradise, I love reading them it transports me there and makes me look forward to ours so much more, look forward to daily reports Antler no pressure though.  ;)  :)

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
Great - something brilliant to read for the next two (?) weeks.  Hope the lamb patties are up to scratch!! Have a great time Antler and Mrs Antler +boys.  :) :) :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
Really cool on the balcony, now, having dropped to 29C. It was red hot this aftenoon, despite the shorter hair and baby smooth face.

Sat here on the patio, looking towards Kas as the D400 glows in the setting sun. It's just 19.45.

Started the detox tonight - which means replacing the tonic with cranberry, in the Smirnoff Blue!

We had a lovely lunch today, upon the good advice from Nice Villa Owner Lady and I have to share that with you......next, once I've topped up the cranberry....

Steve

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »
After floating out of Jasmine Coiffeur, with a new head and neck, we started the walk back along the Kalamar Road, then turning immediately right and left. We wound our way amongst the villas and Nice Gentleman pointed us in the direction of the Meldi Hotel.

Introducing myself, we were then shown around the pool, bar and garden area. The whole ambience of the place felt really special, so we sat by the bar and enjoyed our first Efes of 2012. It was 1pm and hunger set in.

2 Kofte, 1 chicken fillet, a few beers - and of course, a couple of glasses of Lal.

What a speacial, little gem, this place is. Having checked on the internet, too, what incredible value? And if you stay over 7 days, they give you the transfers from Dalaman for free.

Back soon, as Yusuf has come to check the pool.....

Steve
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:10:49 PM by antler »

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
Great to hear your detox diet Antler.   Might try it myself.  Would pomegranate juice work as well do you think as part of the new Antler approved detox??

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 06:29:25 PM »
Tortoise Lady, that would work even better, although I may have to up the Blue Lable?!

Table at Mussakka Harbour, shortly, so I had better get in the shower....

Cheers

Offline Ryss

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »
ahhhh, what a wonderful start to the holidays!

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »
just checked that Norah Jones is on my playlist and ( note to self) will leave the CD in the villa for guests, what a perfect start..... I now have the floating hammocks ready to pack just waiting for the calender to move on.. can't wait. Keep the reports coming!
Question what music do you listen to whilst relaxing in Kalkan?( Answers on new Thread in Everything Else Section)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:28:25 PM by joanH »
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4118
By: Enjoy Kalkan
restaurant