Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Saklikent and Yakapark  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Bez

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Saklikent and Yakapark
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
Hi All,

My wife and I are flying out on Saturday for 2 weeks in Kalkan.

We went in 2010 and had a day trip with Abi Travel which took us to the gorge at Saklikent and then for lunch at Yakapark Trout Farm.

We would love to go to Saklikent for the day and then go to the trout farm for lunch but we do not want to do an official day trip as we don't want to do the Tlos ruins and carpet weaving parts of the day.

Can anyone advise how we can do Saklikent and Yakapark ourselves (we can't rent a car either).

Thanks in advance

Elliott

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9556.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Saklikent and Yakapark
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
Negotiate with a taxi driver. Tell them how many people, what time you would like to leave, where you want to go and what time you want to get back and see what he wants to charge...you can haggle a bit. If you don't like his price try a different driver. You will have to pay for your lunch separately and I suggest arriving at the Orijinal Yaka Park (there are several other Yaka Parks but it's the original one you want) just before 2pm as this is the time the tour buses leave and it is more peaceful. Don't leave it too late though as they finish serving at about 3pm.

Offline wendy1970

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Hi
We are coming to Kalkan 6th August and plan to visit Saklikent while whte are there.
We are hiring a car for the week and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the journey is like from Kalkan to Saklikent - what are the are the roads like and is there much heavy traffic?

Have noted what you have said about the tour buses leaving around 2pm so will make sure we plan our trip for afternoon so its not so busy.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
The roads are very good in general, a few bumps here and there but nothing to worry about.

There is min traffic.    It's a very simple trip, give yourself an hour to get there, won't take that
long.   Take the D400 towards the airport, after approx 30 mins you will see a sign on your right for Saklikent, after this right turn just follow the signs...it's a great day out, enjoy  8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:45:27 PM »
We dont go the D400 way. We go up through Akbel and Berzigan (I think!) its a really quiet scenic route that takes about 40 minutes, but I would recomend going in the morning before it's too hot and it is a great day out.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:13 AM »
If you try to get to Saklikent via Bezirgan you will be going the wrong way. I think turkeyfan went to  Akbel, took the Islamlar road and then turned off in the direction of  Uzumlu.  This route can be a bit confusing if you do not know the area.

As Onelove suggests, take the D400 in the direction of Fethiye. Less than Fifteen minutes from the start of your journey at  the Kalkan end, you will come to a crossroads with the turning for Saklikent signposted on the right.  You then turn off the main road into forest and will pass through several small villages, it's very scenic and takes you along much of the same route that you would have followed if you had gone via Akbel but this route is easier to follow at the start.

The route is well signposted but if you do get lost, just ask anybody you see.  All you need to say is Saklikent lutfen?  and you will be pointed in the right direction.

I also recommend going in the morning, it will be way too hot in the afternoon in August.

It is really worth the journey when you get there.  We have been perhaps  a dozen times and still find the whole experience thrilling.

lantana

lantana

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »
Ooops, Yes Lantana, it was Akbel then Islamlar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Saklikent Gorge, Tlos And Yakapark (Trout Farm And Restaurant)

Started by Erem Cleaning on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post May 25, 2008, 09:48:12 PM
by JayneyG
xx
yakapark ???

Started by kazaroni64 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 08:00:11 PM
by kazaroni64
xx
Saklikent

Started by anne41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 06:39:49 AM
by anne41
xx
Saklikent day out

Started by Mrgrimsdale on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
by Mrgrimsdale

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal