Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 1st visit reviewwell what can i say  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: 1st visit reviewwell what can i say
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »
I hadn't thought about it before but don't know if people have different experiences and receive different treatment from the restaurant greeters or if people have the same experiences but view them differently.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »
I honestly think people receive different treatment depending on appearance, age etc.  The person our friends were troubled by last year was really rude to them - we witnessed it more than once, and heard similar stories from another couple at the same hotel.  I have to add that neither couple had been rude or impolite to him at any point.  My boyfriend and I had no problems from him at all though.

Offline candygold1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
A little disheartened to read your view about the kelebek as we fly out on friday and that is where we are staying. I was also hoping that Kalkan was going to be more hassle free as this is why we chose it after getting fed up with all the touts in Side last year.

dont worry its a nice place and the lads are great guys, we would go back there no problem, just didnt like the old man but thats our opinion but it didnt spoil our stay one bit.

Offline candygold1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
candygold1

Jumping to conclusions about people or places based on limited knowledge is often misleading and although I have absolutely no association with the Kelebek Hotel, I do feel that your comments should not go unchallenged.   The 'old miserly father' who you so readily condemn at the Kelebek is a man who has for over a year been battling cancer.  He, and his family have had quite a difficult time  - as I am sure you can imagine.

He is certainly not somebody who would deliberately cheat anybody but given the circumstances of his ongoing illness and continuing treatment, may have made some mistakes.

Please remember that throwaway comments on a public forum about someone who as you say,  you took a dislike to, can have a devastating effect on the person, their family and their business.

And as so many others have written here, we have never experienced an abusive waiter at any establishment in Kalkan, it is simply unheard of. 

Lantana

my comments are based on our personal experiances not a jumped up conclusion, would you prefer i lied about the fact he tried to over charge not just me but my son inlaw and the waiters were at some places quite rude just so it makes kalkan seem better than it realy is? i though the whole idea of reviews is to tell the truth. we all have our problems and i do feel sorry for him but its still no excuse, i myself have not long had both hips replaced and spent many weeks in hospital suffering from a severe blood disorder and this holiday was a treat for us all as part of my recovery. we were nothing but very polite to everyone including the father despite what happened and it does seem from some of the other posts that hassle does happen in kalkan or maybe we just imagined it. time to remove the rose tinted glasses i think.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:03:41 PM by candygold1 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2nd visit

Started by susie126 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 12:49:45 PM
by onelove
xx
May visit

Started by popps on Accommodation and Hotels

12 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 08:23:20 PM
by Reygirl
xx
Second visit - even better than the first

Started by admgriffin on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 01:39:15 PM
by Ryss
xx
first visit

Started by westie1952 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 12:58:29 PM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal