Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: COST INCREASE?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline TC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
COST INCREASE?
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
Hey All, only 11 weeks until we are in fantastic Kalkan again, can't wait. Has anyone noticed if the prices of eating and drinking out have gone up much, since last year please? I hear and read reports saying that tourism looks like being down slightly on last year and wonder if that means having to put prices up to compensate or keep them lower to try and encourage more people to go out and spend. What is the cost of a good steak dinner at somewhere like Gourmet, or The Old Trading House, and how about a large Efes at an Old Town Restaurant?
I thought the value last year was excellent and can't wait to try all those restaurants we didn't get chance to try.

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9498.0

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: COST INCREASE?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:03:53 PM »
Hi TC,

I can't comment on price increases from last year as we were in Dalyan, however in terms of prices of steaks and beers, I have had steaks in both Mussakka and Escudo and prices were generally around 33 to 39TL depending on the steak.  I have mostly been drinking wine in restaurants but I think a large efes is around 7-8TL.

What we have noticed is that the "freebies" have certainly been cut back and also maybe some portion sizes (no complaints with the steaks though!) but the food is every bit as good as we remember and we have had a bad meal so far.

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: COST INCREASE?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »

In real terms i dont think there is an increase. When there in early May, the prices have risen slightly but i found this to be more than offset by the fact that the exchange rate now is 2.8 TL to the pound, whilst in 2011 it was approx 2.4 TL to the pound.......so your pound is buying approx 15% more TL. Beer in supermarkets ranges from about 3.0 - 3.75 TL......in most bars is sold around 5.0 - 6.0 TL..( sometimes less than this )....and in restaurants maybe 6.0 - 7.0 TL. Also noticed that Aubergine were actually printing the sterling price next to the TL price.......

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
price of wine. overnight increase!

Started by samson on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 02:34:02 PM
by Skunk
xx
rate increase for Trip Advisor

Started by Anne on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 12:25:18 PM
by alantj
xx
What is the cost ...

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 13, 2013, 11:02:02 AM
by lilly
xx
Cost of Visa

Started by AlbionFan on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post July 03, 2012, 04:49:11 PM
by jennywren

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal