Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Enjoying Kalkan  (Read 7811 times)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Enjoying Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
Great meal in Trio in April, although we did find it more expensive than Aubergine.  I mention this only because you said you thought Aubergine was expensive.  Others to try less pricey; Mussakka, Sade, Sofra, Salt & Pepper, Gourmet and according to others Escudo.  Haven't tried Escudo personally but plan to do so in July. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:49:45 AM by Charlie »

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
Agree cannot fault any meals we have had in Trio (prob about 5) the food is really good but we did find last year that it was getting to be all about the money and was quite a bit more expensive than other places, we felt they were cramming in as many people as possible and getting you out as quick as poss too, having said that we will still go again this year as there is always a nice atmosphere and its a lovely setting with nice staff and great food.

Offline henty0

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
Monday night we went to Baharat, it was so nice we had one of the specials and it came in a pot which they had to chisel open! and the service was good. we ate at Nar last night, again very nice. we wondered out today for lunch and went to parc cheap and cheerful. Looking forward to Market day tomorrow we have a shopping list, its been very hot today - now have to decide where we eat tonight, only 5 nights and we want to try so many! think we may try indigo on Sunday.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:02 AM »
As prices everywhere creep up, for those wanting good food without a very high bill, I recommend Agora, newly opened this season.  It is just down the hill from Moonlight.  Wonderful views from the terrace, friendly, attentive and very professional service and an unusual menu with great imagination.

Went there with Turkish friends last Saturday who said that it is now their favourite restaurant in Kalkan, so took that as a strong recommendation.  We all chose different dishes and each of us had a fabulous meal.  Particularly enjoyed the lamb shank, which was succulent and tender and the surprise chicken, served with minted pea mash.  Good wine list with a wider range than in many restaurants.  We drank Agora white (not to be confused with Angora) from Izmir, much better than many of the usual wines served here.

Lantana

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
Hi Latanta, yes read some great reviews for Agora on tripadvisor so sounds great, yet another one for the never ending list of must try, can you be more specific of where it is - is it going towards old town what was it previous do you know? many thanks.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »
Hi Chrissy
 If you stand with your back to moonlight, facing the sea, walk down the road in front of you that winds down past the car park, the old mosque and Akin restaurant.  Agora is located at the first turning on the left, down this road.   It is the first restaurant on this corner, about 10 yards from the corner - just before Zula. It is about a minute from Moonlight.

Sorry I don't know what it was before, perhaps someone else can help

Lantana

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:02 AM »
I believe the Agora was Istanbul or something close. Many Meldi Hotel guests will like to know that  Bora is there running it.  Glad to hear the good reports. We will be visiting him in a couple of weeks time.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
It used to be Sunset restaurant and is next door to Flamingo Bar according to the KTLN map.  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
Thanks all I know exactly where it is now - you can see it from Ramis and Zula it was closed last season.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 10:07:01 AM »
Hi skunk

the restaurant you have described as seen on KTLN is NOT Agora .  Agora is one block in front of Flamingo Bar, at the side of the small garden which separates the two blocks.

It is next door to Zula, and just before the steps which lead down to Cafe Leon.

BarbH is right, it was previously Istanbul Restaurant.  Don't know who was running it then but it has changed beyond recognition.

Lantana

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Oh thanks for that - it just looked like it from the map on KTLN.  I will have to go in search of it then.  ;D

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
Lamtama. I am pleased  Agora is doing well. Bora is a lovely guy and he is a proper charmer. He told me last year that he was opening the restaurant and was very excited about it. I am sure a lot of The Meldi guests will be visiting him...I definitely will!

Barb

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz View.JPG

Views: 2640
By: Lindy
Omar''s Kitchen