Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it cheaper?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Is it cheaper?
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
Hi all
Just been sorting through my sun lotions & using several different factors for me & hubby plus after sun & the whole lot weighs a ton.Is it worth leaving it all behind & buying in Kalkan?Is it cheaper in Kalkan? Counting down the days now.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9461.0

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: Is it cheaper?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to say whether it is cheaper or not.   I always take our own as we use factor 50 or 60 and certainly in the past I don't remember seeing the higher factors in Kalkan.   So you might at least want to take those with you if you use them

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
the branded suntan lotions tend to be very much more expensive than say Tesco, but only slightly more costly than Boots. Yali have a good range but for things like Piz Buin or Lancaster they are incredibly pricey. The Turkish brands are significantly cheaper and have all SPF factors so it depends if you're fussy or have sun-sensitivity like me. We always bring more than we need because if I run out it's a nightmare...one year a whole bottle of my sensitive stuff (its only Tescos own brand but its very good) got sat on and I paid a fortune for some Lancaster in Yali (it was about £40 :o :o) but I couldn't use anything else >:(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »
That is good to know, Kalkan4eva.   Does mean that if the worst comes to the worst it is now possible to buy the high SPF factors in Kalkan but at that sort of price I will definitely be continuing to bring out the lotion from England.

It is amazing how many things it is now possible to buy in Kalkan, especially in Yali.   When we first started going there in 1998 the shops were much more limited.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:10:29 PM »
We usually buy it at the airport in Boots and then you don't need to use your baggage allowance for it.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

grin
Cheaper than a Taxi!

Started by Rudolf Hucka on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post July 15, 2008, 07:17:35 PM
by Chris18648

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Zula

Views: 4792
By: misty
Romance in Kisla