Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Just got back!  (Read 2271 times)

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Just got back!
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
Well we got back last night from our 5th visit and I'm sitting in my lounge shivering, with a Cafe del Mar incense stick lit, really missing Kalkan.  It wasn't as relaxing this year with an almost 2 year old to chase after, but I still loved it.

Highlights -  Beautiful weather!  A boat trip with Ali on Zeus (thanks to all those who recommended him)  What a lovely man!  He taught us how to snorkel, gave us a mud bath, let us catch some fish and then cooked them for us, and even let my little boy drive the boat for a bit!  The lovely Narzan at Samira Garden made my little boy a birthday cake.  Yardan made me a beautiful ring.  Amazing meals at Mussakka and the Nar.

Restaurant reviews -
Kaya - nice meal, tricks as good as ever :)
Korsan Meze - definitely the best minted lemonade ever, lovely food and great value.  Tried chicken sis and meatballs, yum!
Trio - as good as ever!
Akin - lovely people but the meal wasn't great - chewy meat!
Aubergine - also as good as ever - lovely yacmahun (sp)
Chillies - great value, friendly people, fab free pide bread and very nice chicken kebab
Coast - very friendly staff, loved the chicken wrap lunch, dinner nice (iskender yoghurt kebab) but pricey and not the best meal we had.  Lovely cojito and "volcano" pudding though!
Mussakka - wow!  Best meal we had.... you have to try it!  I had the paella, J had the morroccan lamb.  Strawberry filo parcels were lovely and good selection of cocktails
The Nar - fab food, good value and what a fantastic view!
Merkez Cafe - I just love their Turkish Pan Omelette and homemade chips :)

I have to say, the host guy at DoyDoy really annoyed us as he was just way too pushy.  Such a shame, as it really put us off and it's one of our favourites.  This is the first time we've been to Kalkan and not had steak at DoyDoy.  Same goes for the guy at Seaport.   I got a nasty mozzie bite which absolutely ballooned and is still itching now, but wasn't attacked by olive flies. 

Hoping to go back in October with my Mum - she hasn't been to Kalkan yet and I know she will love it.  I might leave the boy at home with Daddy though! ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9441.0

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: Just got back!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »
Sorry to hear of your experience at Akin.We had a really lovely lunch there last week and go often because of the quality of the food at a reasonable price.Always find Seaport excellent too.
Lucky you,getting something made by Yardin!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »
LozJay sounds like you had a fab time, we are staying at Samira Gardens in 5 weeks time so glad to hear Naz is still there she is a lovely lady and great host for the hotel we stayed last year and she looked after us so well. Nice to read another great review for Mussaka it is def one of our faves and all the reports are looking great for this year think it will be even better now it has expanded - any of last years waiting staff there do you know?. We too were not taken with Akin last year the food was mediocre and the service not great either tho I know lots of people rave about it. Love Merkez for lunch and now wanting to try that omelette can't say I have even noticed it on the menu we usually have soup, pizza and chips which are all yummy.Is it a new guy at Seaport as it wasnt like that last year and again nice place for lunch - we were not impressed for the evening and I think Doy Doys was a bit like that last season shame.

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
Glad to hear good reports on the Nar - this restaurant is always on our list as their steaks are fabulous and we love the setting.  Hope they still serve the hot chocolate fondue cake - one of the best things I've eaten in Kalkan, yum yum

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
Good report Lozjay. I love this time of year when the reports start coming in thick and fast!! Keeps me going till next month!! Wish you'd all stop recommending these restaurants as our list for new ones to try is getting longer and longer!!!!!!! Nar is now on the list!! We could do with going for 2 months never mind 2 weeks!!
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Just got back......

Started by clarkster10 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2009, 05:37:30 PM
by clarkster10
xx
Back again

Started by lilly on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post October 08, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
by lilly
xx
Just Back

Started by pattaya on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post June 12, 2014, 05:36:39 PM
by pattaya
xx
BA are back!

Started by Cuddles on Flights and Travel

33 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 03:16:17 PM
by Chris_S

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal