Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan... We're coming back!  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Kalkan... We're coming back!
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
Not strictly a first-time introduction as I'm not new on here but we (myself, with wifey and 2 daughters) are heading back to Kalkan for our 2nd visit. Can't wait!

We first visited in 2009 and had a great time staying in a lovely villa with private pool situated just above the petrol station. This time we're over in Kalamar Bay with a similar set-up of villa and private pool and just looking for some R&R in the lovely Turkish sunshine. Kids are a bit older now so we're hoping they'll enjoy it as well (put it this way they didn't object when we suggested a return visit!).

Really hoping Kalkan hasn't changed as we found it a charming, sophisticated resort. Would be devastated if it had turned into Benidorm in our absence!!

Role on the last 2 weeks in August  8)  8)  8)

Justin

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9432.0
Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan... We're coming back!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:00:19 PM »
i think you will find little has changed  certainly the old town is the same since you last visit ..restaurants seem to change places and some change names.The road in from Kalamar is a pleasant walk into kalkan village with lots of stopping off places if you don't want to go all the way..don't pay too much attention to the negative posts recently about fast food etc....rest assured kalkan is still hard to beat ...Benidorm it isn't!!
                                                                 best wishes
                                                                       The Garveys and Madge ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
Madge would never manage the cobbles on her scooter!!!
Nicky

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
Justin, please don't worry you will have a great time. You don't say how old your kids are but I'm sure they will love it. Ours have come to Kalkan at different ages but its their favourite holiday destination, bar none, and we have taken them to many different countries when they were growing up.
Enjoy  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
You will love staying in Kalamar Bay, Very peaceful and only a 15min walk into town.
Happy Holidays 8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
oh and the kids will love Kalamar Beach Club - trampoline in the sea and free water pedalos plus lots of other kids to make friends with :)

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
Thankyou for your kind words everyone, you've put my mind at rest! Yes really looking forward to staying in Kalamar Bay as one of the few negatives last time was our proximity to the main road and the associated noise so hoping for a more peaceful experience this time.

Kids are now 13 & 7 and looking forward to the attention that they received last time from the lovely Turkish people. Mind you Rebecca, the eldest, is rather too keen to get to know some of the dishy waiters  :o  :o. We'll need to keep a close eye on her!

Yes I think we'll spend some time at Kalamar Beach Club as apparently it's just a short walk downhill from the villa. Jess, the youngest, can now swim as well so I'm sure they'll have a great time.

Just a couple of questions (will probably think of plenty more over the coming weeks!): Last time we privately chartered Yildiz 1 for the day but I understand that they have now replaced it with a larger vessel. Any suggestions for a similar size boat for private hire? Last time we paid 250tl and would like to limit the cost to no more than 300tl or so. Still great value for a lovely day out as a family.

Last time we made a lot of use of the 'chicken man' with his rotisserie chickens close to the greengrocers. Is he still there or has he moved? And if so, where to?

Many thanks

Justin

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
We're coming back!

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 10:31:46 PM
by Reygirl
xx
Fantastic we're coming back

Started by clara 50 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post August 20, 2016, 06:42:58 PM
by keith
question
Coming to Kalkan

Started by voyger on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 02:16:40 PM
by johnl
xx
Coming to Kalkan for first time in Aug

Started by Tony on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 10:36:19 PM
by Hilary

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal