Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: England Manager  (Read 3441 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
England Manager
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:47 PM »
With apologies to Welsh, Scottish and Irish members for raising this subject...
Roy Hodgson....really??
Think I'd rather Stuart Pearce remained in charge as caretaker manager than Woy....
English FA, you have lost the plot IMHO

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9351.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: England Manager
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:35 AM »
MY sentiments exactly I said the self same thing yesterday - I think we will be the laughing stock of the world AGAIN!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »
 Ridiculous!!! after all this time that is what they come up with?would any other international team about to enter a major tournament have been so lame in decision making as these pillocks?  No offence to Roy Hedgehog but he is a yes man who won't rock the boat and is out of contract in 2 weeks and won't cost a bean! i am a proud Englishman and didn't have too many expectations about summer but they have just halved......Pah and double Pah!! >:( >:( >:(
(sadly we don't have an icon for steam coming out of ears) :-\

People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »
They're not short of a few bob so why no break the bank for the best we can get..? Not sure why we're even looking for a bargain end-of-season sale item. Sorry, Roy's a nice man, but always looks as though he should be sitting at home with a pipe and slippers...not on the touchline. Sadly, he's not a winner and he won't have the dressing room - too many big personalities in there for him to manage :( :(

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
You are right..Hardly a charismatic figure that will pump the dressing room up..Stuart Pearce was famed for his loud sex pistols music before games and didn't do a half bad job with U21's when you think each time he picked a squad withdrawls through mysterious injuries happened and decimated his plans(clubs reluctant to let youngters play doesn't seem to happen in Spain,Holland, Germany ,Portugal etc. if you are picked you turn up injured or not)...Roy is more Mantovani :-\ ..more importantly the track record of success is sadly missing....Spurs fans must be the only happy people with this decision that it's not Harry....like you say Pearce would have been better for a cheapskate choice which this seems to be.The job will be his eventually so why not now? ???

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:17:45 AM »
But he did a brilliant job with Liverpool......NOT!!!
You would not usually get me joining in with a discussion about football but at least now I don't need to worry about the OH needing to watch the semis and final during our holiday in June!!  >:D

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
I was just about to say just that Babs I usually like to watch England in big comps but won't need to worry about the Euros spoiling kalkan in june now thanks to the FA  ;)

Offline Neil and Denise

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
Just like to say that i am glad that Redknapp hasnt got the job.What has he really done,lets see.Manager at West Ham,left them in a right mess,manager at Bournmouth,left them in a right mess,went to Pompey then to Scum and back to Pompey after leaving Scum in a right mess.Won the Cup with Pompey agreed but had to break the bank to do it,now at Spurs where he has won nowt and has increased their wage bill massively,what a mess they could be in when the new Revenue rules come in to force,the man is a crook who should be doing a stretch with his dog who holds the bank account.I would like to see Pearce have some position in the set up,a man with true passion who would not rip off his grannie

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:01 PM »
Just like to say that i am glad that Redknapp hasnt got the job.What has he really done,lets see.Manager at West Ham,left them in a right mess,manager at Bournmouth,left them in a right mess,went to Pompey then to Scum and back to Pompey after leaving Scum in a right mess.Won the Cup with Pompey agreed but had to break the bank to do it,now at Spurs where he has won nowt and has increased their wage bill massively,what a mess they could be in when the new Revenue rules come in to force,the man is a crook who should be doing a stretch with his dog who holds the bank account.I would like to see Pearce have some position in the set up,a man with true passion who would not rip off his grannie

Good points, well made!
I too am pleased the saggy faced tax dodger didn't get the job. Not sure about the Woy appointment though. He can't have been 1st choice surely.And the press conference sounded more like an apology.
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »

Job should have gone to Mike Basset  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:49:35 PM »
He turned it down :P

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
I must admit to a degree of bias but THFC is one of the best and most tightly run clubs in the country. Daniel Levy is as sharp a cookie as there can be when it comes to finances. If Harry, who was found not guilty by the British justice system, has failed at Spurs, he has done so far less than previous managers and most of the league.  Happy to see him stay but not happy at the way the FA let things go on for so long, particularly as they said the decision was made a month ago.

Woy will be on his way by the end of July and as for expecting support and loyalty from the likes of Terry, Cole and Rooney, good luck with that.  As for a role for Pearce, does he have a licence to drive a coach?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:50:54 AM by Enişte »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
If these are the only 2 candidates..Eg the only 2 people across the 5 continents of the football world then being on the FA must be a doddle...money for old rope !! I would have prefered Harry of the 2. players like him,people in general like him and as Eniste says he was found not guilty. I will get behind England as i normally do but i expect to be dismally let down again...i also hope that if it goes belly up that the idiots in charge get ousted..but somehow i doubt it ::)
all we have to do now is wait for the scandal thats normally held on for release by the press a week before a tournament starts :P

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
any thoughts on holidaylettings new booking manager system

Started by hobbo on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 22, 2012, 10:49:14 AM
by MartynE
xx
England 1-1 USA

Started by hel66 on The Everything Else Area!

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 11:27:07 AM
by dancing ninja
xx
England win

Started by newballs on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2008, 08:47:59 PM
by Enişte
xx
Looking for Project Manager to oversee decoration in Kalkan this winter.

Started by Dirkissimo on Living In Kalkan

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2011, 08:18:29 AM
by samson

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal