Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A big hello from Bolton  (Read 3521 times)

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
  • I long for the day when I return to Kalkan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
A big hello from Bolton
« on: April 28, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
 ;D
Hi my name is Jane and a small group of us are coming out to Kalkan in three weeks time.  They will be seven of us staying in a Villa on Mentese Mah and we are all so excited.  It would be nice to find out where the nearest supermarket is, what kind of trips are available in the area, the general costs of taxis and the best places to eat and drink. So if anyone can give us any tips we would be so grateful.

Many Thanks
Janie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9345.0
Janie Q

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: A big hello from Bolton
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
Hello Jane
Not sure of the location of your villa so can't help with the supermarket question. If you use the search facility on this forum you will find lots of information about restaurants, trips etc....enjoy!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:53:18 PM »
Hello Janie ....fellow Trotter!!!
I am think that Mentese Mah is in Kalamar. That being the case, then your nearest Supermarket will be Can Can on the Kalamar Road. Ask the Villa owner to provide you with the KTLN location code and check it out on the KTLN location map on   http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/ktlc?view=A6#topofmain
Joan

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
Hello Jane

Mentese Mah occurs in a few addresses in different parts of Kalkan, so it would help if you could give the name of your villa to help pin down exactly where it is.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:25:48 AM by alantj »

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:25:15 AM »
Hi Jane

The abbreviation 'mah' is short for mahellesi - which means neighbourhood or district, so the part of the address you have quoted simply gives an indication of the general area and does not help pinpoint where you will be staying.  As Mentese Mahallesi is a big area, can you give a more detailed address - villa name and road name if there is one.?

Make sure you have the correct address for your arrival.  It is not unknown for first time tourists to leave their villa on the first morning and then realise later that they have no idea how to get back.   As there are so many villas with the same or very similar names, just having the name may not be much help.

Ask the villa owner where it is near, what are the nearest supermarkets, local points of reference etc.  Most villa owners send out information packs  to guests which detail all that and many now include maps taken from the KTLN website.

Lantana

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »
Hi just a thought if you are near the Kalamar Road  Can Can are a great little supermarket and they deliver as well. We stayed at villa paramelle a couple of years ago not only did he deliver everything on his scooter but also went out of his way to get us some worcester sauce to go with our tomato juice. Absolutely brill.

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
 ;D
Hi  thank you for yoiue replies I soon realised that I had not put the correct address.  We will be staying at Villa Lilyum on Kalamar Rd.  If it is possible could someone advise us as to what approximate taxi fares will be.

Many Thanks
Janie

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
The taxi from  from there into the main part of town should be  12 - 15 lira (£4. 50  - £5.50)

There is however a small bus (called a dolmus) which runs regularly along the Kalamar road into town, day and night.  The fare is less than £1.00.

You can hail it wherever you see it

lantana

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 07:16:05 AM »
H thank you for the tip on the taxi and the dolmus, the dolmus sounds very reasonable and probably the best bet as their is 7 of us and probably need two taxis.  We fly out on the 19 May which is two weeks this Saturday and boy are we all excited.

Jx

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »
Are you on Easyjet out of Manchester? If so I will look out for 7 exited people at the departure gate!

Offline LancashireLass

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:08 PM »
Hi

Yes we are on the Manchester Easyjet Flight 7am 3 ladies and 4 men.  and yes we are excited.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal