Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Restaurant Freebies  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Bexscho

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Restaurant Freebies
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'll be heading to Kalkan for the 3rd time in 4 years this September (didn't go last year), and remember from previous visits there were a number of restaurants which gave out free bread and dips, aperitifs etc with the meal. Being budget conscious it would be great if people could let me know which restaturants they have been to this season which are generously offering the odd freebie this year  :P

Also if anyone can let me know the approx cost of a bottle of lal that too would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9404.0

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Restaurant Freebies
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »

The best one is Hunkar Ocakbasi [ just round the corner from the Corner restaurant

Whatever you buy you are given a mixed salad, a dish of esme [chilli] a dish of haydari [ yogurt and mint] and lavas [puffy bread] and free tea / coffee at the end of the meal

Added to this the food is some of the best and best value in Kalkan

Their[donner  meat]  kebaps are excellent ;D

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Agreed!!
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 08:30:48 PM »
Isos Kitchen gave us lovely free substantial starters a week ago and we had a number of free olive/dip/bread or puffy bread starters and free coffees in various places. It seems though that the number of places that offer a substantial starter or liqures (sorry can't spell it) at the end of a meal has reduced considerably. Although regulars and quite big spenders we weren't offerd a liqure anywhere (first time ever) although we were given a lift home from one place. Having said this due to the great £ to lira exchange it was good value.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »
Oz Adana give out substantial free starters, but after what Kalkan regular has posted I'm unsure if they still do.
I'm not a fan of the free liqueurs - I do drink them (and BH's usually) as I never want to appear rude so I won't mind if they've stopped ;)
Have to agree with both KC and PW, Hunkar was a real favourite with us last year. Fast food at its best ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:27:52 AM »
We heard that the new Oz Adana didn't have a drinks licence a few weeks ago so you couldn't buy a beer. Don't know if this has changed. I would think it would hit their trade if it hasn't, it certainly stopped us visiting.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »
We heard that the new Oz Adana didn't have a drinks licence a few weeks ago so you couldn't buy a beer. Don't know if this has changed. I would think it would hit their trade if it hasn't, it certainly stopped us visiting.

They definately didn't have one at new year, but we thought it was only a formality and would soon be sorted.  We too probably wouldn't go if we couldn't get a beer.

We got liqueurs at Mussaka a couple of weeks ago but it was the only place we did and we also had a couple of great meals at Hunkar, with lovely puffy bread.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
Oz Adana still did not have a drinks licence first week in April.  Got liquers after meals in Mussakka, Sofra and Sade at Easter.  All restaurants we visited offered complimentary starters.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Freebies @ Kalkan's Bar's & Restauran's....

Started by onelove on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post June 11, 2013, 05:10:36 PM
by Charlie
thumbup
The Nar Restaurant

Started by geoffdunnett on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 09:05:23 AM
by steve wood
xx
IBO Restaurant

Started by Rharris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 09:43:09 AM
by Enişte
xx
Doy Doy restaurant

Started by lolly on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2009, 07:03:09 PM
by loobylou

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal