Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 2012 Taxi Prices  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
2012 Taxi Prices
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
Can anyone confirm taxi prices this season please?  It would be for trips between the village and up as far as the Elixir Hotel area.

Rarely had to use them on previous trips but my partner is less mobile this year after undergoing a back operation and whilst we will be able to negotiate the downhill walk between us, the return trip will be a little daunting - especially loaded with goodies from the market etc.

Thanks everyone  -  only 4 more sleeps WooHoo!   ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9337.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: 2012 Taxi Prices
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Hi Possums there's an article on the KTLN website about the new taxi prices for 2012 as there's been a rise in prices - the first since 2008 apparently. Also, all fares will cost the same whether the trip is before or after midnight - think it works out £3.70 per kilometer now so if you know how far the hotel is from the centre you should be able to work out the cost for your journeys.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Possums

• Happy Wrinkly Girls
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • The beauty of age
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Thanks for that information kalkan4eva.  I looked there just a couple of days ago but I see now it was only put on yesterday so my timing was out!   :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »
Hi,
 We recently stayed quite close to the Elixir - a few yards just before, opposite the can can supermarket. We always walked into town as it was a very pleasant walk, but occasionally got a taxi back. The price was 7tl until our last night which was the day of the taxi price increase, and the fare went up to just over 10tl. So you're looking at maybe 10.5-11tl.
Hope this helps.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »
Hi Possums there's an article on the KTLN website about the new taxi prices for 2012 as there's been a rise in prices - the first since 2008 apparently. Also, all fares will cost the same whether the trip is before or after midnight - think it works out £3.70 per kilometer now so if you know how far the hotel is from the centre you should be able to work out the cost for your journeys.

I thought you must have meant £3.70 a mile but after looking at KTLN you're right, it actually works out at £5.90 per mile.

That about 50% more than a central london black cab and more than three times the price of our local minicab firm; for us it makes hiring a car at around £20 a day pretty much a no brainer. 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »
have to agree with you alantj, we looked at that and thought wow that's quite expensive :o We don't use taxis in Kalkan even if we stay further out in Komurluk - not because of cost, purely because we think the walking might balance out the excessive calorie consumption ::) We're lucky enough to be able-bodied (touch wood) enough to do this, I feel sorry for people who have to rely on taxis because this will add a bit of expense to their holiday budget. Having said that there's not been a rise for 4 years and if you think about how fuel prices have rocketed in that time - particularly in Turkey - then I suppose its to be expected. We should also take into account the bulk of their business is only over a 6 month period, unlike the London cabbies.
We do, however sometimes take a taxi to Patara - just for the convenience - and we use a taxi driver we know well for those trips and will probably continue to do so, despite the rise.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Taxi prices and Dolmus prices

Started by wabosso on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 19, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
by wabosso
xx
Taxi Prices

Started by chillout on Flights and Travel

8 Replies
Last post May 09, 2017, 09:34:31 AM
by DRBD
xx
new taxi prices

Started by samson on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post March 25, 2016, 09:09:59 AM
by MartynE
recycled
Taxi prices

Started by nerissa on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 10:33:21 PM
by bwp

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

harbour2

Views: 4384
By: irfan
Menu!