Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We're here again!!  (Read 11040 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: We're here again!!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
Well it's our last day today  :'( just finished packing and having some breakfast to tide us on. Yesterday was a beautiful day, the sun shone all day long apart from a few clouds early afternoon. We were going to go to kas ( not to sip g& t's on cpt erguns boat though, but thanks for the offer!! ) but as the weather was so nice, we decided to stay put and enjoy the sun's rays. The girls made the most of the icy pool and entertained us performing their acrobatic routines. I had a swim too and it was refreshing to say the least!
We reluctantly dragged ourselves away to get ready for our last evening all groggy from our afternoon snoozes and found that the girls had taken lots of very unflattering photos of me while asleep, mainly with mouth open - not a good look and they were swiftly deleted!!!
We set off to town and stopped off at cafe merkez for an aperitif. I had a vodka and cherry juice which was lovely. We ate at paparazzi, another new one for us, and had a very enjoyable meal. Town was really quiet last night and we were the only ones in the restaurant. We finished the night off at the Kleo bar and dejectedly made our way home.
So Kalkan in the spring time, would we do it again? Yes yes yes!!! It's been a different experience and one we would repeat in a heartbeat. All the spring flowers are out, the jasmine is wafting its scent everywhere and the bougainvillea is just blooming. Everywhere is quiet but that gives you and the waiters etc more time to chat. The weather is a bit iffy, but so what, you're in Kalkan!! We can't wait until we are back in July with girls and grandparents in tow.
So for now,this is lizilu and co signing off until July. Thanks to all of you who have read my reports and to those of you who have taken the time to respond. It's great that we all have something as lovely as Kalkan in common and I can't wait to read all your reports too. So have a great holiday my friends and hope to bump into even more of you when we are next here.  :-* :) Gule Gule for now.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
Thanks for your final report Lizilu - we also love Kalkan in the Spring (as well as the summer of-course!) Have a good and safe journey back home. KM

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »
safe journey home.....and you've not too long to wait till next time.....you sound like you've had a great holiday

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
Another great post - have a safe journey home.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
 :) We too have enjoyed reading your reports, thank you.  Roll on 3rd August when we start our holiday in Kalkan. 

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
6th August for us!!!

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
It was lovely to meet you too.
Hopefully we will bump into you when you are back in July.
Shame that you will miss the quiz on Tuesday, as we heard that there will be some mooosic questions. Ha Ha.
Have a safe journey back.
M n M

Offline Chris the Spark

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
Thanks for the update on the weather. We were there the week before. Looking forward to 6th August for our Kalkan fix!!!
Have a safe journey home.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
Loved the reports Lizilu, safe journey home.
Nicky

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »
Really enjoyed reading your reports Lizilu, sounds like you had a wonderful time despite the mixed weather - and not long to wait until your next 'fix'.

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 11:25:19 PM »
Hi Lizzie,

So glad you had a lovely time at our villa and thanks for your kind mail earlier. We've really enjoyed reading your reports and were glad that you were able to fish the furniture out of the pool post storm :)

Hope being back in England isn't too much of a shock to the system.

Simon (Anna's other half)

:)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Metal bras

Views: 4136
By: claire
Kalkan 2009