Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favrite scenic day hike from Kalkan?  (Read 4556 times)

Offline nwmouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Favrite scenic day hike from Kalkan?
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:31:09 AM »
We are staying at Villa Mahal in Kalkan. We don't have much time and would like to spend a day hiking along the Lycian Way. What day hike do you recommend? We are both fit, and love beautiful scenery and history/ruins. We do have a car so we could always drive to the trail head if necessary. Thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9179.0

Offline Rosire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Favrite scenic day hike from Kalkan?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:31:32 AM »
If you want to hike around Kalkan, you can choose to do the way Berzigan to Kalkan. You can start in Berzigan and walk down. You will have the most beautifull scenery you can imagine. You can go back with a bus to get your car again.
A second route is from Akbel to Patara. The route takes you for a big part along tne old roman aquaduct which connects patara with islamlar. You will pass Dellikemer, an amazing Roman aquaduct pass.
Much pleasure.

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
If you like to drive and walk on the real lycian way I would recommend you to drive to Kas first. And drop your at the harbour beach and walk to Limanağzı beach from the lycian way 5 km approx. And take a dolmuş boat from Limanağzı back to Kaş harbour .
Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Offline nwmouse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
Thank you both so much! I'll look into these.

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
Not at all. I hope these infos will help you to make your route

Offline Adidasfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »
Lots of options but for a varied day, walking to Patara is a nice one. Depending on your fitness and how far you want to walk you can vary this. Starting from Akbel is the easiest / shortest walk and you will contour most of the way along the old Roman syphon before dropping down to seal level at Patara. Alternatively for a longer, tougher day with a few ups and downs, start from Kalamar bay and walk around the coast, this is probably about 6 hours and you will need lots of water. Start early while it's cool. Nice views of the sea and this takes you via the old roman aqueduct at Delikkemer before dropping down to Patara. Or you can shorten this walk significantly by driving towards Patara and taking the Delikkemer turnoff and parking neat the aqueduct and starting from there. The dolmus will drop you at the bottom of this road when you return from the beach if you ask. Either way, when you reach Patara you then have the opportunity to have a potter around the ruins on the way to the beach and having a swim to cool off followed by celebratory beers and something to eat at the cafe, a siesta and catching the dolmus back to Kalkan. A nice varied day and means you get to see some ruins and Patara beach too.
Berzigan can also be done as a loop by walking up from the Kas road and back down by a different route (form most of the way). That makes it pretty much an all day walk. Nice views - which you will want to stop and admire frequently on the way up as its a stiff climb 700m from sea level (harder on the legs coming down). I'm sure you will enjoy whichever you decide!

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
I have been thinking about the Bezirgan to Kalkan walk for some time and hope to do it in early May - I was thinking Bezirgan through Islamlar and down to Kalkan.  Went to a nice, modest fish farm restaurant in Islamlar last year and would like to return for lunch.

The Akbel to Partara sounds good too.  I have already done the Delikemmer to Patara walk a couple times with M&M and the Sunday walking group.

Mark
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
There is a walking group in Kas. If you would like to walk with a group you can check this facebook group http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/195048403913306/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The scenic route to Kalkan

Started by deepasforever1 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 03:59:16 PM
by fidimax
xx
Kalkan scenic walking trips (October)

Started by Mike on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post March 15, 2018, 09:17:34 AM
by Mike
xx
Lycian Way Multi-day Hike

Started by mark on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

13 Replies
Last post May 25, 2012, 10:12:19 AM
by mark
xx
Air Passenger Duty hike from Monday

Started by Possums on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2010, 05:45:25 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Meis

Views: 2745
By: JenJen
Street Shampoo