Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pirat Hotel  (Read 5828 times)

Offline meejulie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Pirat Hotel
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »
Hi, we are staying at the Pirat Hotel the first week in October, anyone got any views or tips?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8512.0

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
Re: Pirat Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
Also look forward to any replies to this as we've booked for next June and haven't stayed at the Pirat before.
Nicky

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »
I have never stayed at the Pirat but always think it is in a wonderful position.    So close to harbour, restaurants and shops.    And never a walk uphill to get back at night or need for taxis around Kalkan.

I have just looked at Trip Adviser and there are lots of postings there, including very good advice on room selection.    Sounds as if views etc could be widely different from various rooms, also for those who don't know Pirat it is in two different buildings, one newer than the other although both have been there for some time.

Really recommend you have a look on Trip Adviser for lots of view on the Pirat. 

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:40:18 PM »
log on to www.hotelpirat.com          click onto "GIRIS"(enter) icon..  then top left hand side click onto the union jack flag...it will come up in english now....you will find videos/photos etc that might be of interest ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
When we were in Kalkan last month we bumped into a friend of ours who had booked a last minute deal to the Pirat and he was really happy with it. We went over to meet him on his last day and had drinks by the pool (the barman is crazy and allows the guests to help out behind the bar ;D) and really enjoyed ourselves - the view from the pool is quite something too. Hotels aren't for us, but our friend rellly loved it - it was his first time in Kalkan and guess what...? He's coming back ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »
Hi Tortoiselady, i've looked at reviews on Tripadvisor and it does seem to get a mixed bag doesn't it!!!! From what i've read, if you book through Jewel in the Crown(which we have done), then you get the rooms at the back of the hotel although you can pay to upgrade on arrival. We shall go with an open mind and it's not like we spend much time in the room anyway. We picked it purely for the location as the last couple of times we've stayed up Kalamar rd.
Nicky x

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »
Hi Nicky,

12 th time back at the Pirat coming up in a few days,
Can I recommend an upgrade of room ? even though as you say, you don't spend much time in your room, you cant beat the view of the sea or harbour first thing in a morning. :) also pre dinner cooling down on your balcony.
It will cost you £10 per day for the upgrade, I know its another cost but we think its well worth it.
Also to consider, if your by the hotel pool a trip back to your room will not be too much of a pain. ;)

No matter what you decide enjoy yourselves.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »
Many thanks for the reply killabeezz, think we will do the upgrade, as you say the view will be worth it!! So pleased to read your positive report.
Do you book direct with the hotel and is it easy enough to do upgrade on arrival as we asked about doing upgrade with Jewel before travelling and it isn't possible with them.
Many thanks for your help, Nicky.

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
E-mail Claire on :-  info@hotelpirat.net

Should be quieter when you go but its worth getting it sorted soon as. also you can pay for it locally when you arrive, it goes on your room bill.
PS ask for a room with sea view in Pirat II as this is the newer part of the hotel with the pool and bar, also breakfast is served here.

Regards,,,,

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Stayed for 2 weeks  in the annexe block in June, best sea view ever,FAB

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:16 PM »
Many thanks for that, will try and upgrade before we go.
Thanks for the positive feedback Killabeezz and Brian j p.
Nicky.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
I'm sure you are making the right decision to upgrade, HolmfirthNicky.   The Kalkan views are so wonderful you may as well have as much of them as possible.    I know we don't spend too much time in the room but with a view you get that Wow feel every time you look out the window or step onto the balcony.

I have stayed in plenty of places in the past where frankly there has not been a view from the hotel bedroom and still enjoyed the holiday.    Very nice small hotel in Venice for example.  But when I have known about the views from some hotels and felt able to pay the extra for the view then I have always been so pleased I dipped into my pocket.   

Probably a good idea to book the upgrade well in advance.    Then you know you can anticipate waking up every morning and looking out at that view.   It will be interesting to hear how you enjoy being right there in the centre of Kalkan rather than at the Lizo which I know you have given good reports on previously.   I know we loved our week at Kleo pension, right by the mosque, on our last visit before we had our own place.    It was great to have a good evening out, plenty of wine, and only have to go a very short distance back.    If we had dinner at Alternatif  we were almost on the door step!  Amazingly quiet at night too, certainly then which is a few years ago.

Enjoy the Pirat and we look forward to your report.

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »
 'Kleo pension' sounds fnatstic, maybe our next visit :)
oh well , roll on the 03-00 wake up and pick-up for Manchester, 07-00 take-off ''hopefully''

See you all in kalkan tomorrow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
Thanks for your post Tortoiselady,
as you know from my reports we do love the Lizo but next year we wanted to be closer to the town and harbour. It can be hard work walking up Kalamar road in the heat! We just think it will be a different holiday when like you said everything is on your doorstep and the Pirat is in a fantastic location. We will certainly try and upgrade before we go, like you say we can't stay in that location and miss out on that view!!!!
Nicky.

Offline meejulie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 09:37:08 AM »
Sorry not had time to look on here for a while and would like to thank everyone for their comments. We will definitaly look at upgrading before we go. All positive, cant wait, only 8 sleeps  ;)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Have a lovely holiday, look forward to reading your report!
Nicky.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
We've emailed the Pirat and upgraded our room to a seaview room in Pirat 2 as recommended on this thread.
Can't wait to get there!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Hotel Pirat

Started by leesyloo on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post August 30, 2010, 02:01:35 AM
by Tyros
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by seernyl on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
by Tyros
xx
Pirat Hotel

Started by chrissy1 on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 06:59:58 PM
by chrissy1
xx
Land View at Pirat Hotel

Started by steffi30 on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post August 21, 2009, 02:06:51 PM
by steffi30

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal