Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Safe Airport Transfer  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Safe Airport Transfer
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
Hi,

Agree that usually best to use a local company but agree that Dalaman Cars are very competitive, especially away from the main tourist season of July to September. We have used Dalaman cars twice now over the last couple of years and they have been excellent. The other company we use and recommend is Enes whose cars and mini buses are excellent. We have used them for both car hire and transfers and recommend  them to our guests and friends who also love Kalkan. We have also used Enes when flying to Antalya, again for both car hire and transfers. Both Enes (Emin) and Dalaman cars (John) have English speaking reps.

KK

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
Thanks Charlie and KK for the suggestions.

I will email a few of the local companies tomorrow with the price we have had and see what they can do.  I don't mind paying a bit more but £120 is too much of a difference.

Can anyone recommend where I can pick up a decent road map for the Kalkan area?  I'm happy getting from the airport to Kalkan but if we have a car I'd like to explore the local area and head off into the mountains.  We did this before when we hired a car for a day but without the comfort of a map we didnt go too far.  Alternatively are the satnav maps any good if I bought one with Turkey mapping?

Thanks again everyone

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:27 PM »
Dalaman cars prices are excellent but if you book with them make sure you inspect the car very closely on collection. We were charged for 'damage to the underside' when we returned the car at the airport (actually ouside the departure doors and not in much of a position to argue). The car had a front bumper that went right under the car, which we certainly didn't get down really, really low and inspect when we collected the car. There were a few very light scratches underneath the bumper, which you needed to almost be on your knees to see, which we were sure we didn't cause as we hadn't driven over rough roads, over kerbs, etc. In 6 years of car hire 3 times a year in Turkey, about 40 weeks in total, and many times of car hire elsewhere in the world it is the only time we have been charged for anything.
I'm not saying don't use them but if you do make sure you are meticulous in checking for damage when you collect the car.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 06:13:58 AM »
I have used Dalaman cars a few times ( out of season ) and had no trouble at all, albeit, great advise from Kalkan Regular....always check, you have been warned  8) >:D 8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »
I guess that is the problem with hire cars, there is always the potential for issues like that to crop up.  Would the insurance not have covered any damage (if it was caused by you) or does it only cover actual accidents?

I have only previously hired a car once on holidays so I'm not totally sure of the pitfalls of hire car insurance and what is/isn't insured as it all seems to be a bit of a minefield!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »
dshiels, you can buy a map from Desti's book shop which is right opposite Abi Travel in the village. I thought there was a post on here telling you that, but it seems to have disappeared  ???
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »
Car hire insurance in Turkey and Greece tends not to cover damage to the tyres and wheels or, the underside of the vehicle.

A few years ago, a young couple drove at speed over the spikes at the entrance to the village. Four new wheels and tyres must have cost them a fortune.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Hi,
The price with Brave Tours for us included the transfer. We had to pay the car park fee and the Gocek toll!
Cheers
Rx

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 04:47:18 PM »
Looks like we are back to the transfer option as when back to Dalamancars to book, the prices had increased so we stick with hiring a car in Kalkan when we need it and just getting an airport transfer so thanks for the recommendations. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Safe transfer company

Started by cleworthallray on Flights and Travel

28 Replies
Last post October 07, 2015, 02:16:51 PM
by Kajfish
xx
Airport transfer

Started by leeh on Flights and Travel

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2012, 06:29:03 PM
by Charlie
xx
airport transfer

Started by yakamoz on Arrange a Transfer Share

0 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 03:48:45 PM
by yakamoz
recycled
Transfer times from airport?

Started by bobbieblue on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post July 09, 2008, 06:48:00 PM
by felicity

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal