Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What's the first thing you do..?  (Read 3595 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
What's the first thing you do..?
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
Ok so there's been a fair bit of negativity on here of late so lets remember why we all love Kalkan so much.
For those who have been to Kalkan before, when you arrive, what's the very first thing you do..?
Hopefully this thread will give those coming to Kalkan for the first time a real sense of what we love about the place and what keeps us coming back year after year.
Go.....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9053.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: What's the first thing you do..?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:02:16 PM »
Dump bags,open kitchen drawer, remove corkscrew, open fridge, remove bottle of white Angora, open bottle of white Angora, open cupbard, take out glass, pour white Angora into glass, walk over to patio door, open door, walk outside, sit down, raise glass and drink to another holiday in Paradise :)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »
We are returning again this year and forming some routines during our stay. 2 boat trips each week with the same captains, drinks at Yali and Fenner most evenings. The first thing on our agenda is always going to Mediteran for breakfast, done this for 5 years now! Great to see Ahmet  and the great views really make you feel you have arrived, one of the best locations in Kalkan.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »
Ha ha love it itstime, that is exactly what we do ! If we arrive early enough its an Efes by the pool and a lovely dip !

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
Easy one this. Open bottle of lovely wine ,soak up the rays and enjoy views of the bay followed by Open bottle of lovely wine ,soak up the rays and enjoy views of the bay followed by open  bottle of lovely wine ,soak up the rays and enjoy views of the bay, Oh forgot to add enjoy some of the best food in some of the greatest eateries  on the planet served by the friendliest folk anywhere on the planet

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 10:23:26 PM »
We usually arrive late evening, look quickly around if it's a new place and dump bags, then go straight to the moonlight bar to see what's going on.  Next morning, get up and look out at the beautiful view, then go and get a few bits from the shops.  This will be followed by a dip in the pool while we decide where our first meal will be..  Early evening, stroll to the harbour, hugging everyone on the way, settle for a drink somewhere that looks brill, and on for the chosen one........ taxi home from the Pirat and a glass when we get home overlooking the view from "our garden" we thank our lucky stars every time! 

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
We arrive late afternoon - quick unpack and freshen up and then an Efes in the sun by the pool...then wander down to Yali Bar to see Cimirik (spelling of that must be wrong!) and Efes and popcorn...then to Gourmet Terrace for a fabulous first dinner...3 months to go...can't come soon enough!   :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Our ' tradition' is, unpack, shower then head to the bar for our first Effes of the holiday!!
The first day we do nothing apart from chill out by the pool with books and ipods.
Nicky

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:10 AM »
I was wondering how detailed to get in my reply, being totally honest, after the flight and car journey there is often one desperate call to make before opening the fridge and getting the wine or Efes out... As I scrolled down the existing replies I read with amazement that Itstime did exactly the same as me, then I re read it and realised I missed the word 'bags'..

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »
We don't normally arrive till midnight...bags in..tootypegs cleaned... then whoooooooosh!! my little lizardy legs are in overdrive.....moonlight bar in record speed!! :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »
Much the same as everyone else!
Usually arrive bleary eyed aprx 2am ish. Dump the cases, crack open an Efes for OH, JD and diet coke for me, cokes for the girls and make a toast to our forthcoming holiday. Take the drinks out to the balcony, take a deep breath and sniff the familiar Kalkan scents, peer at the lights shining down on the harbour and the stars twinkling above and thank God that we found this magical place!! Sometimes unpack but usually linger out on the balcony for an hour or so until we tipsily weave our way to bed, too excited to sleep properly!!  ;D
Oooh, I just got a tingle down my spine and a surge of happiness in anticipation of us doing it all again in July. We are bringing Shaun's (OH) Mum and Dad with us this year, who are Kalkan "virgins" who no doubt will catch the "bug" too!!
What about you K4E, what's the first thing you do??

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
well Lizilu, seeing how you've asked...if its a new place we have a good look around - even though the last few years we've arrived around midnight I always go out on the balcony to take in the view - its just as magical at night. BH always has an Efes but having a mild case of OCD I need to unpack and put everything away...in "its place" then we hop into bed and like you I'm always too excited to sleep - can't wait for the morning to come.
If we arrive early evening, I still have to unpack before we head down to Moonlight to catch up with friends and the local gossip ;D ;D
Magical.

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
Being very excited and very hot..........I try to stay calm..........and then, think...............Why?..... because 2 years ago I got to the villa and jumped straight in the pool in my shorts. Makes hell of a mess of your mobile phone..... bugger....in trouble during the first 2 minutes of holiday. Calm, calm ,calm...............then ice cold drink, hand phone to wifey and THEN jump in pool. HOLIDAYS!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
well Lizilu, seeing how you've asked...if its a new place we have a good look around - even though the last few years we've arrived around midnight I always go out on the balcony to take in the view - its just as magical at night. BH always has an Efes but having a mild case of OCD I need to unpack and put everything away...in "its place" then we hop into bed and like you I'm always too excited to sleep - can't wait for the morning to come.
If we arrive early evening, I still have to unpack before we head down to Moonlight to catch up with friends and the local gossip ;D ;D
Magical.

Lol K4E my OH always unpacks first and it drives me crazy. I now leave him to it and do eactly what I said in my earlier reply. The lure of the evening scent, the sight of the twinkling stars and errrrrrrrrrr the ice cold wine, win every time for me. Usually end up unpacking around 5 in the morning :) too excited to sleep and always back up and in the pool by 8 the next morning :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 09:30:34 PM »
Bit of a theme going on here....arrive late, midnight or so, wander around, take in view, breathe huge sigh of pleasure that we are back in Kalkan....unpack a bit and then fall exhausted into bed and wake up early next morning and leap out of bed to look at sun, view etc......4 months and counting......

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
 We usually get to Komurluk at 4.30-5.00am put clothes on hangers, then sleep till 9.00-10.00am. Then coffee and turkish breakfast on balcony overlooking the bay. Put rest of clothes and 'stuff' away. Walk into Kalkan and have brunch in Akins. Always Akins, ever since the first visit.

Cheers, AllanChris.   8)
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
We also usually arrive very late/middle of the night, drop cases in bedroom and head straight for the balcony to soak up the atmosphere with a drink.  Try and get a couple of hours sleep...up early, grab swimwear out of top of suitcase and catch some rays around the pool.  Shopping late afternoon and eventually get around to the unpacking before heading into town for a wonderful romantic meal/drinks and a catch up with friends - can't beat it...roll on June!   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
favourite thing ???????????????

Started by michelle from newcastle on General Discussion

42 Replies
Last post May 31, 2013, 09:31:36 AM
by tonik1945
xx
apt,studio any thing.

Started by fidimax on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 12:35:51 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Too Much of a Good Thing?

Started by Joeyloveskalkan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2017, 07:28:26 PM
by samson
xx
Some thing a little light hearted

Started by tiamaria on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2011, 07:54:47 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Beautiful view

Views: 2585
By: LancashireLass
Pure serenity!