Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hi Everyone
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Obviously I'm new to this forum so thought I'd better stick my head above the parapet and say hello. Not my first visit to Turkey but it is to Kalkan, just booked a week in May at a place called Villa Rose via Agnitravel, first time I've used them so fingers crossed they are okay. Previous trip to Turkey have been twice to Calis Beach (SWMBO liked it there), then last year to Akbuk (SWMBO didn't like that one as much) so headed back down south to try out Kalkan. Got loads of guide books but like to get the real stories and ideas from the forums so always join one at the resort. It looks like I've got a lot of reading to do by the number of threads. Any hints and tips on where to go and where to eat will be gratefully received and taken on board.
Cheers

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=9016.0

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum Albie,
We also like Calis beach and have booked to go back in Sep for a week. This will be our 3rd visit to Kalkan in June, we fell in
love with it on our first visit, there is just something about the place that makes you fall in love with it!!
Nicky.
Nicky

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Albie.  We are not far away too in Poole.  It is our 3rd time this year to Kalkan, and we too fell it love with the beautiful place, who wouldn't though.

Bob & Jayne

Offline Neil and Denise

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:07:53 PM »
Hi Albie,we are going to Kalkan in August and we are 1st timers also,9 of us from IOW.8 Pompey fans and a token Manc.The forum is great and we have picked up loads of tips on it,people are really helpful on here.Like you we have been to Turkey before,Icmeler 4 times but want a change.Hope you have a great time PUP PPU

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
Hi Neil, thanks for the welcome, you could say I am 50% from IOW as my mum was born in Brading. Pompey and Turkey seem to go hand in hand with the old star & crescent.
All the elements of our trip are in place, villa, flights and a car booked with Dalamancars which I picked up off here. Been reading the threads on Turkish baths as I'm tempted to have one this time as I had my first shave in Altinkum last year and loved it. ABAWA

Offline Neil and Denise

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
Hi Albie, would definatly recommend a Turkish bath,we always have one when we arrive within the 1st 2 days

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal