Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: villa palmiyre in kalkan  (Read 6916 times)

Offline jenistreet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
villa palmiyre in kalkan
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »
HI
we have just booked a holiday in Kalkan

we are 2 families who travel together every summer.

Between us we have 4 kids - all boys - aged 6 - 9 - 9 and 11

we have booked our own "DIY" holidays for the last 6 years and each year we find the places hard to beat.

This year we were completely seduced by the Villa Palmiyre - the views look spectacular and Kalkan looks great. Has anyone been to this Villa?

Im interested in the debate re taxis and transfers etc versus carhire.

Previously we have always hired 2 cars to collect from airport and keep for 2 weeks. My husband is not a confident driver abroad so i thought the transfers would be easier - also the stress of finding the villa with 4 kids in tow?

In an evening we all like to have a drink before going back to the Villa so the kids can go to bed - so once again taxis feels like an option. I kind of got the impression that taxi or shuttles were often free? is this not the case?

could anyone suggest best places to take kids during the day - i will make a list

its been really interesting reading the forum comments and its been 12 years since i was last in Turkey so i am now really excited,

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=891.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: villa palmiyre in kalkan
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »
Not sure where in Kalkan the Villa is, but the kids will just love Kalamar Beach club and you do get free transport too and from there.the adults will love it too, Kalkan is a great place , lots of yummy places to eat.

Offline Babadag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:32:25 PM »
Would that be Villa Palmiye without the r? If it is, then from its website it is in Kisla near the Mahal Hotel. It is only a few minutes by taxi into Kalkan but not a nice road to walk along.
I am sure some Kisla experts will be along soon to fill you in.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
Can''t answer about the villa - but if it is in Kisla - unlikely to be walkable especially with younger kids so it will be the taxi/car hire option, I''m afraid!  However to answer your other queries - there are loads in and around Kalkan to keep your kids occupied at that age - take a look at the various threads on this forum for ideas and then just shout if you have any other queries - things that jump to mind are kalamar beach club (already mentioned), the other beach clubs, Sakklikent gorge, patara beach etc etc..

Regrettably taxis/shuttles no longer free and expensive (well you might not think they are - but they are for seasoned kalkan travellers and locals!) so you''ll have to make up your mind when you get there - maybe negotiate a fixed rate with a certain friendly taxi driver and guarantee him some business might be the best way for you...!!  Re cost of transfer over car hire - I can get a mini bus for 10 people for £70 each way - so that will probably be cheaper than 2 cars for a day when you have to add the cost of expensive petrol too - so it might be advantageous to take the transfer option and then hire a car as required - added to which - as you say - the stress of finding your lovely villa is taken away - somebody else''s problem!!

Enjoy kalkan - I know you will love it and Kisla does have the spectacular sunsets which we don''t  - being the other side of the bay in Kalkan itself..!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
as felicity says Patara beach is a loveley place(20 mins)..do kidddie-winks swim?the sea has some big breakers but is relativeley shallow till you are out a bit......you will see the places to go by the people standing up !!and you can judge your comfort zone for little uns....the beach hire is run by locals now so brollies (needed..it''s wind/sun)and sun beds are reasonable as are the snacks and drinks...(the expensive hotel that used to run things got the push!!)...if you are on kisla side there are beach clubs as well on your doorstep.....be prepared to spend future hols in Kalkan...it will get you!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Jamera

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
    • Villa Jamera
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 03:33:41 PM »
We know villa palmiye - built by the same builder as ours - you''ll have a lovely time - the layout & funishings in his villas are ''simple, understated luxury''.  They''re at the top of Kisla so probably a bit quieter & have lovely views I agree.  I would opt for the villa owners to organise your transfers for you and just use taxis to get around - I''m sure you both want to sample the wine of an evening.  There''s bound to be a phone in the villa to ring for a taxi when you want to go out in the evening or take the water taxi in & road taxi back

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
Yes I know of this villa (assuming same one as a common name) this is a lovely Villa in Kisla and not far to walk to the various beach clubs. If you decide not to book the cars you could get the transfer company (I think the villa uses Mediteran) to arrange a mini bus transfer as and when you need it, you may find this no more than car hire (plus petrol) but more convenient as you can all travel together and won''t need to worry about drinking and driving. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, which I am sure you will

Offline distalbans

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
Hi jenistreet

We''ve stayed in Kisla 3 times out of the last 4 - you''ll have a great time!  It is somewhat quieter than Kalkan but the views are spectacular.  If you look out into the bay at sunset all you can see are the darkening hills at the mouth of the bay with barely a light anywhere, and yet a mile or so down the road is Kalkan!  We have done the trip both with and without a car and there are pros and cons for both.  If you want to drive about the countryside then a car is a good idea, but if you are going for a beach holiday then transfers and taxis (despite the hike in prices) make sense.  Organised trips to Tlos,  Saklikent Gorge, sunken city at Kekova etc. are incredibly good value so you can get out and see something of the surroundings without needing your own car.  And, as someone else has mentioned, it''s quite easy to find yourself a friendly taxi driver to ferry you around when you need.  There is a boat between the harbour and Mahal and Kisla beach clubs so this is a good alternative route into town - maybe not so good coming back cos of climbing back up the hill!

One final thing - Bob''s take away at Kisla Market (the little local shop) does the most divine roast chicken with herbs!  It''s also a great place to sit and have breakfast - even the telegraph poles don''t spoil the view!

Have a wonderful time  :) :) and I wish I was able to get there this year myself :( :(

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - 4 bed, 4 bath villa - prices slashed for July & August!

Started by felicity on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
by felicity
xx
Villa Lykai Kalkan

Started by kazilla on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 07:30:30 AM
by Shambo
xx
Villa in Kordere, Kalkan

Started by Csardas on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post April 28, 2009, 04:04:04 PM
by Davs
xx
Villa Lavanta - Kalkan

Started by muckyones on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 09:57:27 PM
by muckyones

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal